Where is the 7.62X39???

TABING

Got this e-mail today.

Dear J&G Customer,

Many of you have been wondering about the shortages of 7.62x39 this Winter. What we have been told is that several military contracts in Russia had to be filled and had priority over commercial sales, so exports to the USA were cut back. We have been receiving Wolf 7.62x39 ammo on a regular basis but we have been shipping it all out on backorders as soon as it comes in. Supposedly exports of ammo will be returning to normal size shortly.

I hope the Russians are going to use this ammo on a big offensive on terrorists.

patrickd

7.62x39 shortage

My bet is that they are making all they can and holding it in anticipation of a big sale to the next country we invade so it can be used against our troops..:cool:

281 Quad Cam

why can we not make 7.62x39 here in the US? why do we need to import it?

When America can make 7.62x39 for less than .15 cents per round - It'll be competitive. In the meantime most American 762x39 is 4-5 times as expensive and for that matter, comes with soft primers more likely to slam-fire in the SKS. As unlikely as that is to happen anyway........... Why pay 5 times as much for the risk?

SemperKnight

I just placed an order for a 640rnd tin with cheaper than dirt. They said they are back ordered till feb 20. The person I spoke to said it was definatly going to be there on that date. Might be something you can check into. I already have a couple thousand rounds but a few more wouldn't hurt to have considering availability. Good luck.

Shemp1895

Found some at Sportsmans Guide it was on back order till,March 5th.$95.00 per 1000 so i ordered some may as well get on the list.