Where do you buy your dies? 30.06 & .357

Logs

I bought some RCBS carbide dies in 45 and .223 at Cabelas for just over $30.

I was looking for 30.06 and .357 next. Where do you guys buy your dies?

Thanks,

remshooter

Usually from Midway or Midsouth or Natchez, whichever happens to be the cheapest that day.

Of course you ain't gonna get the 30-06 dies in carbide no matter where you shop.

Shoney

I used to buy from Midway, and still do on some items. However, you can look in the Pawn shops and find dies that are next to if not brand new for a much lower price. I have several hard to find dies that I purchased from Pawn shops, they appeared to be brand new and they perform flawlessly.

Inspect the dies carefully! Take them apart to make sure the threads are not damaged, that there are no bent parts, and that the inner surfaces are not scratched.

Vartarg

eBay

For some reason I'd thought eBay kept gun related items off their site....but discovered that was incorrect. I recent picked up an RCBS .257 Wby Mag FL die set on eBay for $20. I'm looking there more often.

lockedcj7

I sell reloading stuff on E-bay all the time. You aren't supposed to be able to sell primers, powder or live ammo but I still see it from time to time. If the E-bay staff notices, they will close the auction and send the seller a nasty-gram.

You can buy and sell all sorts of reloading equipment, brass, bullets, gun parts (not receivers), etc.

Just check the feedback for the seller and you should be okay.

amamnn

depending upon the application--match or plinking-- I look in this order:

Sinclair---Graf--Midway--Midsouth--Natchez--Lee's clearance page

If it's just plinking skip Sinclair.