Where do I go?

hbhobby

I have read about having guns fitted to you. I am wanting a nice over/under shotgun that fits me. So where do I go to get this done and about how much should I expect to pay. I want good quality but not break the bank either.

wizrd

You don't mention what the shotgun will be mainly used for. Casual hunting, trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc.? Differnt disciplines call for different set-ups, as far as preferred sight pictures go. Try to contact the Ben Avery Clay Shooting Center in Az. -- I believe they used to have gunfitters at their facility -- or they can probably refer you to someone local. A good popular shooting club - trap or skeet - could probably refer you to a local stock-fitter. Good luck. Expect several hundred dollars.

jaguarxk120

The fitting session will be that several hundred dollars. That will include the measuring time with a try gun and range time making minor adjustments.

In the end you will get the final measurements you take to your stock maker.

FITASC

Then you add the price of the wood you want him to use - that can range from several hundred to several thousand.

Or you have someone install an aftermarket adjustable comb and butt plate and tweak it to fit you - still going be at least several hundred (as in $5+)

Skeets

Member in memoriam
Gun Fitting

"Shotgun Sports"is the main magazine all the suppliers and craftsmen to the shotgun games use to advertise their skills.I'm a skeet shooter,but visit the Indiana State Trap Shoot each summer to visit with them.In many years of skeet I've found nothing to be inexpensive!Best Wishes,Skeets:D

FITASC

There is also Clay Shooting USA, Shooting Sportsman, and the mag from the NSCA/NSSA called Clay Target Nation now.