Where do all of you buy ammo from?

USMCG_HMX1

Can anyone tell me where they by their ammo from ?

I live in Idaho near the Air Force Base in Mountain Home and I don't have a record, so all the laws for buying ammo and having it shipped to me aren't a problem.

I just need some decent plinking ammo for my Bushmaster and Norinco SKS.

Thanks.

Kris

Edit: If you don't want to disclose in an open forum, please send it to me in a message ..... thanks.

rem33

Surf the net, also check the local Thrifty Nickel. There are shops advertising 50 or 60 miles from you that might do OK. Also the larger gun shows in Boise.

mrawesome22

Unless you're buying in bulk, having ammo shipped to you is rediculously expensive. $20 HAZMAT fee for every 8 pounds I think?

UniversalFrost

I like to catch the ammo sales at Midway. They usually runs very limited sales, but some times they offer as much as 50% off the normal price. The shipping from Midway is very cheap as well, compared to Natchez and the others. CDNN has deals once in a while as well and they offer a flat shipping fee. I would avoid ammoman, just because of the problems he has been having as of late (see retail deals and feedback section) and if you order is one of the problem orders it will be a lot of hassle to get it corrected, plus his prices are not as good as they used to be.

Aim or SOG offer deals on milsurp as well. If you shoot '06 then you can't beat the deals offered from CMP.

trooper3385

Gun show

If your looking to buy it in bulk, you may check and see if there are going to be any gun shows in your area anytime soon. You can usually get pretty good deals on ammo at the gun shows and avoid that high Haz Mat shipping fee. The prices on ammo on the net look pretty good until you add the shipping fee and it usually sky rockets.

2002gti

ammo prices are through the roof on 5.56 and X39 right now. i managed to pick up over 7000 rounds of X39 for $55 a 640 round can from sportsmans guide last year or so, i was also stockpiling 5.56 as well but not nearly enough. i maybee have 4000 rounds of it, bought from sportsmans guide as well.