Where did Federal's .38 go?

Gabby Hayes

Just got back from looking on Federal's newly-revised site for some standard pressure .38 Special ammo for my older wheelguns. I knew they recently moved the nyclad line over to their LEO catalog, but am a bit dismayed to find the 110gr Hydra-Shok Personal Defense as the ONLY non+P .38 Spec listed. Whatever happened to their 158gr LRN, LWC, LSWC and LSWCHP loads? In fact, the only .38+P offerings left are the 129gr Hydra-Shok and the 125gr Hi-Shok JHP. I'm wondering whether Federal is consolidating its .38 lineup, or the new web site has some bugs and doesn't list all their offerings.

justinr1

I don't care what anybody says, finding appropriate .38 specials is getting harder to find with each passing year. Despite the gun rags position that 38/357 is and always will be easy to find, I find this to not be the case. Sure, I can order 38s by the case on the net, but the offerings in a retail store keep shrinking and shrinking for this round. Now we are finding that even ordering on the net is tougher than ever for the 38. I understand the concept of supply vs. demand, so this is to be expected, I guess. Too bad.

justinr1

Radicalcleric

The semi-autos are taking over the world and revolver ammo often doesn't sell well enough for a small store to justify carrying it. Espcially in calibers other than .357 and .44 Magnum.