where could I get a Custom Barrel to my specs?

Does anyone know where I could get a custom barrel? Specificaly whatever size diameter and length of barrel I want, and anything else that isn't standard.

Would this be something a local gunsmith would be able to do? Could a Gunsmith give me some ideas of what they could do...

Thanks 189...

alan

Re your question on "custom barrels", there are a number of barrel makers around. One that I've had personal experience with (very good experience) is G.R. Douglas. They are located at Cross Lanes, West VA, that's near Charleston. Their area code is, or used to be 304, you could get the rest of the number from directory assistance.

Essentially, while they sell barrels to gun smiths, they will also barrel or rebarrel your action, either stainless or chrome moly, most any reasonable dimensions available. If ordering what they called a "premium air gage barrel", you could specify groove diameter you wanted.

I've had their tubes on several "course guns", as in National Match Course Rifles, and they all seemed to be good barrels.

If you call them, ask for Tim Gardener, he used to run their shop, and tell him that Alan Schultz sent regards. Been some time since I saw him, but he might remember me.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by alan (edited March 23, 2000).]

Paul B.

189. Douglas barrels, 5504 Big Tyler Rd., Charleston,WV 25313-1398; Ph: (304) 776-1341
I have several rifles with Douglas barrels installed. They are OK.
Paul B.