Where are Weatherby Mark V rifles built?

30-30remchester

As the title asks, who manufactures the Weatherby Mark V rifles that are made in the USA? I had heard but cant sustanciate that Mossberg built them for Weatherby.

CTS

To the best of my knowledge they are manufactured by Weatherby in their own facility in Paso Robles California. I had heard they were being manufactured elsewhere for a few years but I am pretty sure it was still in a Weatherby facility.
If you are thinking of the Vanguard series, they are manufactured in Japan by the Howa corporation to the best of my knowledge.

warbirdlover

This is taken from the Weatherby site under news....

Weatherby® Mark V® Rifle Production Coming Home10/15/2011
Weatherby® has begun the process of moving Mark V® rifle production to company headquarters in Paso Robles, Calif.

Mark V rifles have been manufactured in Brainerd, Minn., since 1999. The transition to Paso Robles is expected to be complete by October 2011.

“I am very proud to announce that our Mark V rifles will once again be made here in California,” said company President Ed Weatherby. “By going in-house, we can more easily oversee and control all aspects of craftsmanship, production, quality control and shipping. The Mark V has always been the heart and soul of the Weatherby brand. It’s only fitting that our first-born rifle is coming home.”

Weatherby introduced the Mark V action in 1958. The first Mark V models were made in the company’s facility in South Gate, Calif. Over the years, Weatherby has built the Mark V action in factories from the U.S. to Germany to Japan.

“Today, many still refer to our Mark V action as the world’s strongest bolt action,” Weatherby
remarked. “Hunters and shooters around the world continue to recognize Mark V rifles for their flat-shooting, hard-hitting and accurate performance.”

For more information, contact a local Weatherby dealer, call the company at (805) 227-2600 or visit www.weatherby.com.

Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the popular Vanguard® and legendary Mark V® rifles (production and custom), Threat Response shotguns and rifles, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit and join its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com.

And Vanguards are made in Japan.

30-30remchester

Thanks WARBIRLOVER, I personally am not enamoured with these guns, so I have never studied them. This is not a statement condeming them, it is just not my cup of tea. I just read an old article about this model and the author was stating their various manufacturing locations. He stated that Mossberg had the contract at one time to built the Mark V,s. This got me to wondering. I am endeavoring to educate myself on this model just out of curiosity.