Where are the winchester rifles made ?

Jump boot

I posted this question on another forum but haven't gotten any response as of yet.I have heard so many stories that I am at a loss and don't know the truth.Does anyone know where the winchester rifles are made?I've heard that they are made in the U.S and I have heard that they are made out of country somewhere and I have also heard that the parts are made out of country and the rifle is assembled here in the U.S.,so you see where I am coming from.What is the truth.Does anyone know?

mete

First It's U.S. Repeating Arms Co., Winchester no longer makes guns. I don't know them all but the 1885 single shot for one is made by Miroku, the same company that made my 1885 Browning. Miroku makes fine guns for more than one company and my Browning certainly couldn't be made any better.

Angus MacFuff

Winchester and Browning are both owned by FN. Some Winchester are made in Belgium by FN, as is the case for Browning.

Most Winchester are domestic.

With Browning more and more are being made in Japan, fewer made in Belgium.

Quality of Winchester, Browning and FN are all excellent, as is the case with most modern maufacturers.

38splfan

Model 94

I just bought a pre-'64 model 94 that says "New Haven CT" on the barrel.
But I think that it was still Winchester and US Repeating Arms Co.

I know that most of the new ones I have handled are very nice, and seem to be just as fine quality-wise as any others on the rack.

Lawyer Daggit

From time to time I have seen Winchester .22's with made in Canada on them and the Winchester .320 had an action made by Omark in Australia. That was the 1970's.

Now, like everything else things are increasingly multinational and a gun 'made' in New Haven may use springs and screws sourced from anywhere.

Some Brownings and now Winchesters have for years been made by Miroku. Excellent quality although I have a personal problem with buying a gun made by the Japanese. I hate to make racist comments but untill they are prepared to educate their people in school about the real causes of WW2 I want nothing to do with them.

629 shooter

My Winchester 9422 was built in the US.

I hate to make racist comments but untill they are prepared to educate their people in school about the real causes of WW2 I want nothing to do with them. :rolleyes: