when you have your sights set on a new gun ........

2002gti

do you think about it day and night untill you finally pull the trigger and buy it. every time i find something i want it totally runs my life, i research it to no end and even fall asleep thinking of it. i think i actually enjoy the anticipation. right now im looking to pick up a heavy barrel 17hmr and theyre really cheap, $200 for a savage or marlin but it still has me chasing my tail like a dog. just wondering if you guys go through the same thing?

sserdlihc

Yes, I go through the same thing. Right now I am jonesing for an xd40 subcompact. I am constantly looking up info on the net about it, reading forums that type of thing. My wife says that I am OCD. I tell her "no I am not"..."no I am not":D

B.N.Real

I have alot of guns on 'layaway' in my head and unfortunately,one on the list is ALWAYS in a local gun stores gun case at a great price everytime I go to one.

Yea,it's amazing how much of a habit searching for and wanting to buy handguns can become.

Even when you have some really great handguns right at home in your gun cases ready to go.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Yes I am also obsessed when aimin' on a toy. I also do not like mail order as once bought I still have to wait!
Brent

Pahoo

Oh yes !!! :eek:
I sometimes refer to it as buying "in heat". That's when you find one that never really expected to buy and know you just have to have it when you see it. Then there is the "sniper mode". That's when you have done your homework and on the prowl for that great deal. Some might call it a desease but I call it a passion. :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

Garage Dog

Yep, I bought my boss a shotgun for Christmas...now I want one. I spent the day going from gun shops to pawn shops. Found some nice deals. I'm holding off till tomorrow cause there is a nice gun show right the road from me. I spent the last 3 days on the shotgun forum. If I get up the nerve to ask my wife for $$$ I'll own a Remington 870 or Ithaca 37 or Mossberg 500 or 590 tomorrow.

Sure glad to find out it's not just me!

gustav129

Oh yeah. I've been having it really bad, because I have to wait until my next paycheck to pay off my Laurona O/U. Two more weeks, and I can't wait.

N00b_Shooter

OMG! I know exactly how you feel, i want this TRG 42 in .300 Win Mag sooooo bad, my family is sick of me talking about it and reading the same pages over and over again. I thought it was cause i'm new to shooting but i guess not.

SigfanTN

Yes, and me promising my wife no more gun purchases until 2009 isn't helping.

I have my sights set on a stainless CZ 75 that is available for a great price at a local high-volume gun shop.

I just hope it's still there Jan. 2, 2009 so I can take it home :D

2002gti

well i had a great night of sleep last night after making the buy that i'd been dwelling on for the past week and a half. sunday night was a real sleepless night - probably getting 2 hours at most, i knew i had to do something about it.