When watches were wound

C.R.Sam

And often carried on chains and in pocket....

Rather than how hot AND how heavy one could load...
You used a bigger gun.

A lot of reloaders did it for comfort, entertainment, economy, accuracy AND longevity of the firearm.

Be it rifle, shotgun or handgun.

We usually didnt load to make more noise than our buddies.

You don't need a hyper whammey overstuffed throat erodin brain scramblin hot load to do accurate work, long range or short.

Knowledge of gun, load and range will fill a pot or kill a bad guy.

Then on the other hand, did try a 22/06 in the late 40s.

Sigh.

Sam

BigG

Sam, I believe your posts are gettin longer. Can we grow to expect this over the next 10,000?

Mal H

Staff
True stuff, Sam.

"When watches were wound" - Mine still is, and so are the resistors in my favorite radio. ;)

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Ben, don't worry. You'll still have ten more years before you can actually justify your opinions. :)

Some of my Hippie buddies, back around 30 years or so ago, used to get on me with, "Never trust anybody over 30." I pointed out that their choice was between bein' untrustworthy or bein' dead.

Got kinda quiet...

Well, off to check my sundial.

:D, Art

Peter M. Eick

C. R. Sam,

I still get grief from my wife over my "wound" watch. She seems to think that "analog" watches are history and I should go digital.

Digital is for scales where I will take the technology for the safety.

I do agree with your comments. Particularly "used a bigger gun".

Ben Shepherd

OUCH!!!!:)

Come on, I've been gun nut for 2/3 of those non-opnionated years. Ever since dad let me shoot the jr. model singe shot 22 rifle.

Actually longer than that, I was sorting defective brass out for dad when I was 5. I loved helping him with reloading, then going to the range and watching him dial in a new hunting load.(read: taught gun safety from day one)

That's why I'm here, to learn from the senior(more edjumacated) members.
;)

Huh.

I think this thread could just as easily have been entitled "When dinosaurs were ridden..."

Tell us again, Sam, how you saw Halley's commet...

You know, the summer before Harold and William tied it up on the British coast? :)

WESHOOT2

SUMBUDY SHOULDA TOLD ELMER

So what exactly is wrong with bendin' metal?

I hate the erosion part, though.
And noise? HA! I live with three ladies...........

(Still visualizing that 22-06...........:D )

And I got as big a gun as I can handle -- reached my personal ceiling (45 Colt).

On the other hand, have not yet begun to experiment with my latest (free!!!) gun, 38 Super fat-Caspian.
Comp should help control further wrist damage :eek:

Just me.

Gewehr98

Sam...

re: English KT-88's. :D

(Possible response to different thread?)

Still have my Bulova Accutron watches, though. And a few self-winding ones...;)