When All Else Fails

PKAY

Just a note to let you TFLers know that even a guy who does his own smithing for the most part can be incredibly stupid. I bought a Hogue monogrip for a Python of mine at a gunshow this weekend and, like with other Hogue monogrips for other of my revos, I proceeded to shuck the directions and push out the stock grip alignment pin at the lower front of the grip frame replacing it with the pin and bracket provided with the Hogue. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't make that sucker line up and fit so the underside single grip screw could secure the grip. After hours of failure and numerous tries I couldn't help but think I gotta be doin' something wrong. Maybe the pin and bracket go somewhere else! Duh! I took out the directions and low and behold there was a special illustration for the Python showing placement of the pin and bracket (along with provided spacer) in the frame space opening located back from the stock alignment pin. Following the directions, the grip went on slick, fast, and fully aligned. You're never too old to learn even if you think you know it all like my 16 year old son.

Dave R

LOL. Good reminder for all of us. I had a nice reminder this weekend. Different sort. Had to cut down a dead tree. Fired up the chainsaw for the 2nd time this year. Felled the tree. Started cutting it up. Stopped for lunch.

After lunch, I decided to change the chain. It was feeling a little dull. Put new chain on. WHAT? This doesn't cut at all. Put old chain back on. WHAT? Now this one doesn't cut. Read directions. "Make sure chain is installed facing the right direction. See the illustration...

DOH!

New chain cuts great when installed the right way.

Fred

RTFM

or as I used to say to clean it up a bit for technicians in a class I was teaching-- "read the factory manual"! Not that I always followed my own advice. :D

Coronach

Some stupid @#$%^&! printed this map upside down!
Don't laugh. In Oak Park IL they have these helpful "community maps" that point out places of (non)interest in the town. Now, I'm a visitor to the area, so I don't exacty know my way around, but 1. I'm pretty well oriented and 2. I know how to read a map and 3. I know a few local landmarks (streets and shops) and this damned thing is not making any sense.

Finally it dawns on me. South is towards the top and north is towards the bottom. :confused:

I have no idea why.

Mike

foghornl

My dad used to call them "de-structions".....

'Cause when you were halfway through the assembly, nothing else would fit, and you had to "de-struct" what you had already done....:rolleyes: