What's your longest shot? Not good enough

armoredman

I can't SEE that far! I was happy to hit my 1/2 scale IDPA steel target with the 527M at 300 yards, and excited to repeatedly hit the 3/4 scale steel at 200 yards with the BREN 805 standing. Anything past that I'm probably not too good - no optics.
2 miles....wow...

Mobuck

257 Wby-500 meters- coyote- first shot hit-DRT
22/250- 0.3 mile measured by snowmobile speedometer- coyote- first round hit-cripple
22/250- 440 yards(+/-)- 8 to 10 coyotes over a 4 year span- first round hit-DRT
22lr-approx 450 yards - 5 gallon bucket- walked the hits around until "spotter" declared a hit- 15-20 shots fired
First round hits are what count on targets that can walk away.

zipspyder

10 seconds to hit...wow! All the guy had to do was take a half a step to the side in that time. Unbelievable shot.

The_Jerkman

Smoked a speed goat this past fall out in Wyoming from 505 yards out. Perfect shot with the .300wby Mark V ultra lightweight right through the lungs and top of his heart. Needless to say he didn't make it far

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don Fischer

I don't shoot long range much and when I do it's at paper target's only. Shot a deer one time at 330yds measured. Did it just to say I could.

2 miles. How did the guy spot the target in the first place and what did he use for a scope that was powerful enough to aim well at that range? I'm not sure I believe the range. Of course if it is true, they guy did t because he couldn't get closer!

Last edited:

Dufus

I kill skeet targets sitting on a rack at 80 yds with 45 ACP.

I killed a white tail at 72 long steps with a bow.

I killed a white tail buck at 127 yds with a SBH in 44 Mag.

Longest rifle shot was 342 yds. at a white tail buck. Took maybe 8 steps.

I killed a 12 point white tail buck at 70 mph with a '65 Pontiac.

TXAZ

Actually the flight time of a 750gr / 822 gr match round out to 3500 meters is about 5.5 seconds, not 10 seconds. I don't know what round he used but expect it was at least a 750 grain if not (unofficially) a solid turned bore rider.

FITASC

DC7KGk3XcAAx791.jpg

Curvature of the Earth is a factor

Rockrivr1

That is some good shooting! I've hit a 12x12 gong from 800 yards, twice in a row. Though in full disclosure it took me many tries before I got it right......

LAH

Have a target here somewhere, 5 shots under 5" at a 1000 yards which didn't place me in the finals.

briandg

I spent a vary long time doing the math and doing a hell of a lot of guessing. There was ABSOLUTELY NO ERROR INVOLVED or God really hated that SO In the sights. That wasn't human it was a miracle.