What's Your Flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daekar

I sort of went through a flashlight fetish stage for a while, so I have several rather expensive or custom lights. However, my favorite and most used (EDC) is a 4Sevens Quark AA2. I feed it Eneloop rechargeable batteries and it has many different modes. With the head tightened, it puts out over 150 lumens of neutral-white light (doesn't wash out colors like most other LEDs) and a high-speed strobe is just a half-press away. I notice other people carry Fenix L2Ds.. this is similar, but the 4Sevens light has square threads and more knurling. My light isn't rated for gun mounting, but it works great held next to a pistol. I've also got a Surefire 6PD with a Malkoff Devices dropin on my bedside table.

So... what do you guys use?

geetarman

I have a couple of Surefire. Model Z2. Have one in bedroom and one in rangebag. When I am out and about, a Novatac T120. That one has 3 levels of brightness and a strobe. Hany as all get out and SMALL. Clips right to my pocket. I actually have two of them. One with a recessed switch to keep it from coming on in my pocket.

Geetarman:D

gearhounds

I thought I could run from my past; being LE, and working a lot of night hours, I am addicted to lights. My belt light is a heavily modified Ultrafire Cree XP-E driven at 1A, my back up/EDC is a Fenix PD20 XP-G, and my favorite get-out-of-the-vehicle light is a Wolf Eye's Sniper XP-G with over 320 lumens out the front. I have many more as well.

AK103K

After dumping a ton of money on the big name flashlights over the years, someone on one of the boards recommended a $20 Romisen LED. I bought three, and couldnt have been happier (bought a bunch more since, too). Brilliant white light that will easily shine a beam 100 yards across the back yard. Up close, they are almost "to bright" for normal use. As a "weapon", they are great. Only downside, they still run on the 123's.

Still, at $20 a pop, its a lot easier to take if it gets dropped down a manhole, or smashed in your pocket while getting way to acrobatic, than the $150 light. So far, they have held up just as well too.

Amin Parker

I have always loved Maglights. I think they are tough and reliable. I dont know about others but i know a mag can be used as a very effective weapon. Even the small ones i own.

My favourite one is the mini AA.

Stevie-Ray

I've got a bunch of Streamlight Styli, most of which don't work because it's so hard to find AAAA batteries, but they're the handiest. I've also got a couple from the NRA that are quite nice, one that's in front of me right now that's my go-to light when the power goes out. Another is in my coat pocket, as I don't go out without one anymore. Got a bunch of AA Maglites around the house, also. I do need a new large Maglite as evidently the batteries leaked in mine and I can't get them out. Guess it's time to pitch it for a better one.

YARDDOG(1)

A G2 with a different bulb make s the G2 90 lumes & 6hr run time :D & Gander mountain special 1AA 120 Lumes with a 1-1/2 hr run time & small & Bright for very little $. Colman makes some good low price 120 lumes & I got a few, Now my favorite is the G/M Special small Bright, But I take the G2 to the tree with me ; )
Y/D

Let it Bleed

I do need a new large Maglite as evidently the batteries leaked in mine and I can't get them out. Guess it's time to pitch it for a better one.
If the batteries were Duracell, EverReady, or Ray-O-Vac, I think Maglite will repair or replace. They have some agreement with these battery manufacturers I guess where they may share the cost. Regardless, I'd give Maglite a call or check the website.

Found the site: http://www.maglite.com/faq_details.asp?faqProd=2AA

Daekar

Nice to see a good spread there! I built a Seoul P4 tower for an M4 combat light. Running on two 18650s it runs FOREVER. Had a Cree MC-E tower which was neutral white and ridiculously bright and floody, but I was d:rolleyes:riving it too hard and it fried itself after a while. :- /

Any Arc AAA users?

Status
Not open for further replies.