What's your favorite site for ammo lately?

riffraff

I spent nearly the whole 2 hours of a flight the other day putting together a bulk ammo order of 6 calibers..

The first time I thought I was done at Lucky Gunner it was a > $100 shipping bill..

Eventually landed at Target Sports and hit the free shipping for 80% of my order, which were similar prices but cheaper without added shipping. I seem to use them alot lately.. then ordered the last couple odds and ends via Lucky Gunner for a reasonable shipping cost.

For certain things I like the sales at midway occasionally, done great at ammunition depot and surplus ammo from time to time lately, and have gotten some great deals at graffs but I think target sports is my general go to lately. Some sites add very little in shipping cost for each additional item, like midway, while others kill you by seemingly making cost a percentage of a total order so buying in bulk is less attractive.

What's your go to?

stangbangr

My last two orders came from ClassicFirearms.com. The Six or Eight orders before that were from TargetsportsUSA. I just buy from whoever is cheapest.

reteach

I check Ammo Seek and GunBot, but I usually wind up going to the same two or three sites.
Another one to add to the list is Selway Armory. Very similar in price and availability to Target Sports. Both have great customer service.

I don't usually buy the bulk amounts that get free shipping. I do find the ammo I'm looking for, set up the purchase, and get the estimate for shipping, say, four boxes. Then I change the order to, say, six boxes and check whether the shipping cost has changed. I play around with that until I get the most boxes for the least shipping.

FrankenMauser

My reloading bench !
As long as it has been brought up... That. ^^^

Yesterday, for example, I loaded two boxes of 6.5-284 Norma entirely with newly-purchased, premium components. My cost was $0.61 per round, or $12.20 per box (20).
Somewhat equivalent, but mostly inferior factory ammo runs $60 to $80 per box (20), or $3 to $4 per trigger pull.

But you don't have to be dealing with uncommon or unusual cartridges to see great savings (and completely ignoring the fact that I consider my handloads to be superior to factory ammo).
About 10 years ago, I cranked out 4,800 rounds of 9mm before I sold my progressive press.
Total cost was $358, or about $0.075 per round, or $3.73 per box.
...At a time when cheap bulk-packed 9mm was running the equivalent of about $10/box (50); and 4,800 rounds would have cost about $825-900 with a bulk discount (but not including shipping).

When I am in the market for factory ammo, I usually use ammoseek to compare, especially if free or discounted shipping is available.

std7mag

TXAZ,
Your link is no good! Comes up as repair parts. Lol

I'm with Old454, FrankenMauser.
IF i buy "factory" ammo it's from a LGS, and that only so i can get casings. Haven't needed to do that for several years now.

But now i'm possibly looking at getting shotgun ammo, as reloading data thus far has been scarce.
But when i do find data, i'll be reloading it also.

O4L

TXAZ,

Your link is no good! Comes up as repair parts. Lol

I'm with Old454, FrankenMauser.

IF i buy "factory" ammo it's from a LGS, and that only so i can get casings. Haven't needed to do that for several years now.

But now i'm possibly looking at getting shotgun ammo, as reloading data thus far has been scarce.

But when i do find data, i'll be reloading it also.
This link should work...

https://ammoseek.com

LineStretcher

I used to hunt and hunt and hunt for the best deals but for about the past year, I've pretty much stuck with Midway. They have such a broad selection that it's hard to not find what your looking for. Free shipping special happen regularly as well as free hazmat. Every time I get an email about the free stuff I go have a look. I just got Federal 338 Lapua at 2.50 a round. It's a new gun and needs 40 rounds through it to sweeten it so why buy the 6.00 Lapua ammo for that.

TruthTellers

Brownell's for .22 LR, some 7.62x39, Tulammo... the 10% off and free shipping is great.

Sportsmansguide for larger purchases of any ammo.

I will buy some ammo from Midway when they have a free ship offer and there's other stuff I was buying anyway.

Was going to make Cabela's my sole 9mm provider, but then they jacked the price up on the Winchester White Box 9mm JHP ammo, so forget them now. That company is going the way of Gander Mtn and we can all thank Bass Pro for that.

Elkins45

I have been very satisfied with ammo purchases from:

Target Sports
SGAmmo
Palmetto State Armory

I just submitted an order today for a case of CCI standard velocity 22 from Target Sports. The rebate ends today so I wanted to be sure and get my order in and save $50 on the case.

I generally only buy pistol and rimfire ammo.