whats your fav caliber for defense and all around hunting

Jamie Young

My favorite is by far the 45acp but I shoot way more 9mm since its more economical.

Favorite hunting round is 30/06.

I shoot 110gr-200gr making it capable of everything from varmint to ogre hunting.

Bandit01

Defense, hmmmm..... 12 gauge shotgun; .357 Magnum and .45 Magnum

Hunting---the above. I wish some SOB would break into my house or try to attack me.

45 Fu

For home defense it's 12 ga. in 3" magnum buffered and plated 00 buck.

For CCW it's .45 ACP.

For hunting (and other outdoor persuits) if I had to pick just one caliber it would be .308. I live in the SE Uninted States and the .308 has enough "umph" to handle anything around here. It shoots flat enough to reach out as well. I certainly can't argue with the .30-30. Around my neck of the woods it is mostly thick underbrush with thick trees. Rarely will you have a shot over 100 yards. For this type of hunting a handy carbine in .30 is a great way to go. I have carried one many times, myself.

capnrik

Pretty hard to beat the 12 gauge shotgun as the all around champ. A pump gun or an auto with an 18 inch barrel is a serious fight stopper when used at 25 meters or less. With a 26 inch barrel and screw-in chokes, it can handle all small game, waterfowl, or upland birds. With a special barrel grooved for slugs, and equipped with a scope, it becomes strong medicine for deer out to about 75 yards.

That said, I'd rather have a .357 mag under the pillow and a .30-06 bolt gun for hunting big game.

Choices are nice, aren't they? :D

THE .41 MAN

Question

For CCW where I'm legal and home defense it's the .45ACP. My main hunting round is the .41Magnum in many different firearms.