What's your experience with Aimpoint?

cdoc42

I have an Aimpoint Comp red dot scope on my .454 Casull and it just went dead. I e-mailed Aimpoint, asked for instructions as well as being notified of any charges before repairs were undertaken. I had sent this scope for repair in the past and was surprised when I received a bill for the repair of the broken battery contacts, as I've never been charged by other manufacturers of shooting equipment in the past.

I received a return e-mail advising that I should call a specific individual for instructions, and I did, then mailed the unit on December 17. Almost a month later I e-mailed him twice, asking for any information, specifically, was the unit received? No response. I then faxed him at his department - interestingly he is the MANAGER of marketing and technical support. Still no response. I haven't phoned (yet) because I have a tough time on he phone due to hearing loss from loud noise exposure and unprotected shooting when I was younger.

Has anyone else had a problem with Aimpoint?

cdoc42

By coincidence I just received an e-mail announcing it had arrived from Sweden for repair and I would notified when I could track it back to me via UPS.