What's your best gun show deal?

allenomics

Deals at guns shows can be hit or miss. My best buys were a new Glock 17 for $479 (a good price, not great) and a new Walther P22 for $219.

While a show can be fun to experience, most prices seem high on everything from guns to ammo.

Why do you or don't you visit gun shows and if you go, what was your best buy?

SmokinTom

One of my best was a S@W M-629 6" for $265 from a dealer no less.This in the last year to boot.Just needed a little polishing to look great again.Love those gun shows.

Hawg

My best deal ever at a gunshow was an 1884 Springfield trapdoor 45-70 carbine for 300 bucks. I had 400 and he had five on it. I wanted to try to talk him down but he was gone and had another guy watching his table for him. Well, I wandered around and found a 1911 for 400 but I wanted that Springfield. He finally came back and I asked him would he take three hundred for it. He started in on how long he'd had it and how much he gave for it. I figured at this point I was going home with the 1911 so I just told him I didn't care how long he'd had it or how much he gave for it, I just wanted to know if he'd take three hundred for it..........He took it.:D

38splfan

Pawn shop.

Mine was from a pawn shop, not a show. Different venue, same price gouging scalpers;)

Got a Charter Arms .38 Undercover for $90. Had a few scratches but not too bad. Sold it later for $100 and now trying to buy it back for even more. I love that little wheelie.

LRRP-87

Tanner gun show in Denver; brand new blued 30 round USGI grease gun mags still in cosmo for $5.00 each. Bought 4 the first time;went back the next month to buy the whole box, and someone beat me to it by a couple hours. Should've bought them all when I had the chance.:(

WeedWacker

So far my only gun show purchase has been my sporterized .30-06 M1903A4springfield for $365. I looked at a rem 700 in 7mm mag for 400 w/POS scope but he wouldn't sell it w/out the scope.

Manedwolf

Probably a Soviet TT-33 in quite excellent condition from an elderly private seller for $200 last year. They go for more than that anywhere.

Limeyfellow

Probrobly the 95% condition M1903a3 springfield I picked up a couple of years ago for $95, mixed amongst a bunch of Mosins.

I got a big bag of peanut brittle for $3.00. :D

As far as guns go they are not cheaper than buying from my dealer around here so I prefer to buy from somone I know will be there next month.

Kowboy

All:

How about this deal: Used Kimber Gold Combat Stainless ll, .45, with .22 conversion kit for $1,500.00.

It's on consignment at a local shop. What do you think? Make an offer? How much?

Kowboy

teeroux

my best friend bought a S&W model 41 for $450 at a gun show.

it was in imaculate condtion so why the low price you may ask.

the previous owner drilled and tapped the barrel and instaled a weaver rail.
which only affects the price not the way it shoots.

FirstFreedom

I got a big bag of peanut brittle for $3.00

Word - I got some nice roasted pecans and almonds on a 2 for 1 deal! :D I allow myself to get screwed at shows just like I get screwed everywhere else most of the time. I suppose my nicely-sporterized U.S. 1917 wasn't half bad at $150.

homefires

I'm a cheap Skate! I will not pay the $5.00 to get in the door!:barf:

Then your under the micro scope by the Leo's good and bad! Not that I have anything to hide, I just don't like it!

Then you pay 20% more then you can some place else!

I just don't feel comfortable there any more! Private for most and FFL for the other!

Granted, you can find some stuff in a show not seen in meny places!

jrfoxx

Sadly, I didn't have the money for it (but had the accountant/wife not been along, I probly would have bought it anyways :eek:), but I aw a pretty darn good conditin M1 Carbine at the show today for $300.Couldn't figure out for the life of me why it was so cheap, or why it hadn't been snapped up yet.