Whats wrong with my shotgun?

blackwaterstout

I've got a 20 year old Mossberg 500 20 gauge. (Yeah yeah yeah I know. It was gift for my 14th birthday). Anyway, shot it very sparingly over the years with probably only around 100-200 rounds through it total. A few weeks ago I took it out to shoot some sporting clay (again, I know it's not an ideal gun for that). Anyway, I was shooting a new box of federal 2 3/4" 7.5 shot target loads. These were not low brass and I was having aproblem with the rounds loading into the chamber during the pump cycle. It appeared that the catch (or whatever it's called) would go down and grab the shell, but was having a hard time getting it to the level of the barrel. I first attributed this to federal ammo I've never used before. But I replaced it with some Winchester ammo and the same thing happened. When I got home I was having a closer look at the gun and noticed that the catch was loose. It has a little play in it. I don't remember this being normal. After a closer inspection of the gun I don't see any easy way to fix this. Does that metal catch normally move around when you try to wiggle it?