What's wrong with Cor-Bon ammo?

.357SIG

I noticed how some of you dislike cor-Bon ammunition, but I've never seen a reason. Why?

I was thinking of using the 9mm 115 gr. +P because of its high muzzle energy. I would like to know what's wrong with it before transitioning from the 124 gr. Gold Dot.

Thanks. :)

bk40

not a thing. I've used CorBon ammo for many years with nary a problem. I especially like their 115gr & 125gr 9mm offerings.

HYDRA-SHOKz

I would personally stay with the Gold-Dots.CorBon seems to have this gimmick that faster is better.This is true to a point but when a bullet expands to fast it doent penetrate as deep and it loses alot of its retention.I also find CorBon's muzzle flash to be a bit harsh.Try Proloads 124gr. plus P Gold-Dots.MV of 1200fps and 397fpe. SHOKz

G50AE

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cor-bon ammo. They are on the right track, while most ammo makers spend their R&D making trick bullets, Cor-bon spends it on making real performance.

NAD

Cor-Bon ammo has always placed very high in ammo tests. The 9mm 115 gr +P is always a top performer and most of what I have read over the years say it's about the best ammo for a 9mm.

jtduncan

Too fast and two hot and still not as consistent as I'd like to see Pi's staff make them. Golden Sabres and HyrdaShoks for my defensive weapons!

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG

C.R.Sam

.38 spec, .357 mag and .45 ACP defensive Cor-Bon all seem to have moderate pressure, excellent performance, excellant accuracy and the flash quantity/colour do not seem to affect night vision as much as most.

I like it.

Sam...my favorite 9mm is the 9X32R

Badger Arms

I stake my life on them. Shoot great in all of the variations of gun and load I've tried. They've been voted "most likely to find a warm place in somebody's heart" if I ever have to use them.

Snakeshot

Cor-Bon is my carry ammo (9mm 115gr+P). I have bought different vintages from many different sources and have NEVER had a problem with it. I like practicing with it, crisp and accurate. I am willing to trust my health and future to it.

VictorLouis

HELLO! They do make most of their HG cartridges in different weights. Not ALL use lightweight bullets. But yes, higher velocities vs. the competition are what distinguish them. I see nothing wrong with it if it's your choice. Just make sure you buy enough of it to shoot through YOUR particular gun and ensure its feed and/or ignition reliability.

Siggy

Not a thing it is my preference for defesive round. It blew away hydrashock on the alhambra bottle and watermelon tests for me.