What's up with MidwayUSA?

5whiskey

I use to use Midway for everything and I swear they used to have the best deals on the net. Is it me or are their prices creeping up higher than ALOT of other online retailers?

Sorry for the rant, but it's been ticking me off lately because I'm pretty loyal to midway. Not for long if I keep finding better deals, though.

riggins_83

Perhaps we've been buying different stuff but most of their stuff that I've purchased has still been pretty competitive compared to CTD, brownells, optics planet, etc. There have been a few exceptions.

I love the low cost of shipping from midway, not a big fan of their minimum order to avoid the $3 surcharge.... though that's rarely a problem for me :)

MosinM38

Some stuff does seem that way.

BUT...I think prices in general are up. Their magazines are on-par, and the ammo is "normal". The rest I don't know because I always pick and choose small stuff (TSX bullets and a sling once, Folding stock,etc. for the next).

It does make up the fact that their shipping is about the best out there. Cabela's seems best. $15 shipping for 1,000 rounds of .223 and about an equal weight of other stuff.

Wleoff

I haven't had any problems with Midway. Lately, I've ordered everything from scopes to ammo from them. Fast deliveries.

CortJestir

Dunno. Maybe the sloooooooow website has cut into sales and forced up prices.

I'm glad it isn't just me, sholling. It's gotten so bad, I don't even link there in replies to posts anymore, let alone shop there. Oh well...

cbm1948

Do you think all the advertising Midway is doing with the Wed night broadcast could be affecting the bottom line and causing price increases?

Clint

5whiskey

I posted because I've had some odd and end job for friends over the past couple of months... little things like replacing the magazine tube on a Marlin 60, replacing the hammer nose on a S&W 65, etc... I think I've ended up ordering all of my parts from Brownells because it was either cheaper or Midway didn't have it in stock. 2 years ago I would've NEVER dreamed that Brownells would be cheaper on some things than midway.

What I don't like about midway, is you can't group order items that are in stock with items that are back ordered without paying for shipping twice. I would rather them hold my order until the back-ordered part arrives and ship it all together, but they won't.

I still love Midway, but it used to be my default go-to. Now I actually look around before I buy stuff. Yeah, their website is slow as crap for me to, BTW. IDK, I'm just ranting. I do like the company and it's bothering me that others are out-doing them darn it.

Adventurer 2

I'm in the same boat with 5Whiskey - my last two Midway orders were both sent in two separate shipments. I would prefer my order held until all of the items are in so I don't have to pay shipping twice.

ramp_tech

They have a top notch Customer Service Dept and they shipped most of my orders on the same day. You can't beat that...

Their price is on the higher end of all the online retailers, however; with the reasonable shipping charge (if your order is more than $40), it evens itself out.

What I don't like about midway, is you can't group order items that are in stock with items that are back ordered without paying for shipping twice. I would rather them hold my order until the back-ordered part arrives and ship it all together, but they won't.
I've never encounter such issue, if you give them a call, they'd be gladly to combine your shipment for you.

Silver Bullet

I buy from Midway more than anybody else. They seem to have parts nobody else does.

Second: Brownells. Third: Sportsman's.

Now if only Midway (and everybody else) could get some ammo in stock ... :(

MGMorden

Dunno. Maybe the sloooooooow website has cut into sales and forced up prices.

I still haven't noticed their prices too high, but man oh man you're right about the website. The actual design is good from an aesthetic standpoint, but their backend code/hardware is just pathetic. Not only slow, but half the time you click on a link and you're get an error. As always, it's a tell-tale Microsoft IIS message. Windows just doesn't handle heavy server loads like it should. They should have gone with an Apache/Linux/PHP/PostgreSQL setup . . .

wingman

I have a number of vendors but for me they are at the bottom of my list,
too many sale papers two few bargains.

ilbob

I think their prices have creeped up a bit the last year or two, but so has everyone else's.

My biggest gripe was some of their shipping charges because they would not use USPS priority mail fixed rate boxes. I got an email from them saying they now offer this option, which should ease some of the whining about their shipping charges.