• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

whats the stars for

Mal H

Staff
The more gold stars, the higher the rating. This is a seldom used feechur that has little merit. It's part of the vB software package so there it is.

Out of curiosity, why did you puke after asking the question? Not feeling well today? :)

Moving to the Suggestions/Questions forum....

Mal H

Staff
I take you guys haven't noticed the little selector box at the bottom of every thread called "Rate this thread:"?

P

PreserveFreedom

So how do you use the stars?
If we got in the habit of voting on all threads, members joining later could save time by avoiding the ones that the majority of members thought weren't exciting.

Hal

Just my opinion.

Stars should stop somewhere around the first grade level.

We stayed at the Luxor once. It's supposed to be a 5 star hotel. There was a guy passed out on the floor when we were checking in.

Click, clique = bad things to experience. Bad or broken stars and star extractors can lead to either.

Siskal and Ebert(sp) never agreed with my ideas of a good movie.

:D

P

PreserveFreedom

RAE -
Keep in mind, it can be a five star hotel, but they can't keep any type of paying customer out. I stay at Excaliber exclusively, but I like Luxor's breakfast buffet. :D

OF

If everyone avoids low-star threads, how do they get to be high-star threads?

- Gabe

P

PreserveFreedom

GRD -
They only become low star threads from low star votes. Should you vote on a thread, you can give it up to five stars. The average of all votes is what is displayed, like a survey.