what's the skinny on Hornady ammo

I've purchased several boxes of Hornady ammo. 1- 38 spec +p 110 grain CD HP
and the other is 357 mag 125 grain CD HP. both are for my 357mag revolvers.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. one of my 357's a 2" the other 2 are 4"'s.
2 " is a Rossi with Crimson Laser sight. one 4" is EAA Windicator and the other is a 4" Python circa 1970. I really like both of these. Go figure.
When It comes to my self defense and my family, I will not cheap out on the ammo.

Last edited:

Model12Win

You will be well served by that ammo.

The red rubber tip prevents the hollow point cavity from plugging, which makes these rounds have some of the most consistent and reliable expansion of any defense load out there.

Pezo

I use both the +p and standard .38 critical defense in my lcr. Ballistics look good from what I can tell and they hit like a laser from my lcr. I buy whichever of the two are available the +p and standard are real close the difference is negligible. The standard is most commonly available in my parts.

hornady ammo

I really appreciate all of your input about Hornady loads. I also have rem 357M1 mag 125 gr ammo. to put in my 357's. The only ammo I cannot get is the 38+p 135 grain HP Speer ammo or the 357 mag 135 grain HP Speer ammo.
This ammo is more difficult to get than finding a duck billed platypus on this Planet and that's as rare as one can get. Until then I think I'll stick with Hornady. Great responses and great info. Thank you all for your recommendations and advice and for taking the time for showing an old timer what's new and what' to use.

Doc H.