whats the most expensive shotgun you own?

Virginian

Browning BSS Sporter 20 gauge. All the expensive stuff is long gone now. Down to 3 Model 1100s, a Wingmaster, and the BSS.

bamaranger

sorry to disappoint

My shotguns are all blue collar. Bought myself a Rem 870 Wingmaster in 1980 as a college graduation gift to myself and am still hunting it. If memory serves, I paid $285 for a 3" chamber, vent rib, fixed choke 12 ga.

When I transferred from AR to AL, (1988) I bought a Lanber 101 O/U that was marked $400 plus at a KMart of all places, that was closing, $200 bucks.

jmstr

I don't have real expensive ones. My LGS has two double-rifles on the shelf that are being sold for a combined $80,000. One is $45k and the other is $35k.

Compared to that, I am homeless.

I like variety- so my budget stays under 5 bills. I just yearn for nicer, but can't convince myself to spend more than I did for my laptop- as I use the laptop more [like, right now].

B.L.E.

When I go to shoot registered trap, my Browning BT99 and Browning CX are like Chevrolets and Toyotas on a road filled with BMWs and Porsches.

Ricklin

LC Smith

Mine is my high condition 1918 single barrel trap. I would very much like to break 25 with it next year. Would be great to do that when it turns 100. It will be no fault of the gun if that does not happen.:p

34" barrel, straight grip, no safety. Best trigger of any gun I own. The Smith only comes out to play on sunny days.

Last edited:

FITASC

Currently, as far as resale or replacement cost goes, it would be one of my Beretta Gas guns - I'm still waiting for that winning Lotto before I custom order a few Perazzis..... :D

BigJimP

Probably a Browning Citori XT Trap Over Under.. Adjustable comb, 32" barrels...with a custom grade 7 - 8 Turkish Walnut stock ( custom ordered from Browning ) and a GraCoil system on it.../ .. I actually picked it up used, but replacement cost is probably around $ 6,000 because of the upgraded stock... ( the new XT's, with adj combs in grade 1 stocks with no GraCoil retail for about $3,000 )...

https://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82013&d=1339792349 not a great photo, but all I have on forum site.

I also have a limited edition Browning Citori BT-100...only 200 made in "Leo's Specials" by Browning...and mine is # 110 out of 200....but I'm not sure of the value. The gun is heavily engraved, with some Gold inlay of Pigeons.... ( value may actually be going down ...as other single barrel, break action guns become more popular ---- and the BT 100 is no longer made because the "removeable trigger" was too expensive for Browning to produce.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82012&d=1339792349

-----------
But in my view, its not about value...its whether you love the gun ...every time you touch it...or take it out to shoot it ! I also love my Browning BPS pump guns...that I bought years ago...that are only worth $300 with a replacement cost of $ 500 probably.

ilmonster

Mine would be my skeet / sporting clays shotgun, a Browning Citori XT. It is stock except for a Pachmyer recoil pad and Briley extended choke tubes. On the handgun side though, I do have a Les Baer which is certainly the most I've spent on a handgun.

Rob228

Mine would be my Beretta A400. I had just graduated college, transitioned from enlisted to officer and decided it was time to treat myself.

Doyle

Berretta 685 O/U. It's a field grade so not worth a whole lot but it's the most expensive thing I have. Don't see many 685's in the US - especially with double triggers. I bought mine when I was in Italy.

MTT TL

Mine is going to disappoint too.

KSG for $695 out the door.

It just edges out my 11/87 SP (which also came with two barrels, it only mounts one at a time)

Cheapshooter

A Remington 1100 I bought almost 40 years ago for three hundred bucks. Aside from one small nick in the butstock it is still like new.
$$$ does not impress me, function does.:D

FITASC

$300 forty years ago?? That seems pretty high. In today's money, you'd be dropping over $1200 for the gun then.

Cheapshooter

nope, that was the price. I dud a lot of shopping around before getting that price. Back then Target sold guns, Venture stores, and other discount retailers beside Wallt World. That was actually a pretty competitive price. Maybe $10-$15 over the cheapest, but this one from a LGS had the prettiest wood of all. Their price was twwnty five of si bucks higher, and I hammered them with other places prices until they came down to 300.

MTT TL

In today's money, you'd be dropping over $1200 for the gun then.

Maybe... if it were exactly 40 years ago. But he said "like 40 years ago". There was tons of inflation in the late 70s. If he bought it in 1980 instead of 1977 the difference the value would have been about $900, or close to what a nice model runs today...

What a difference those late 70s years made.