What's the latest on Remington ammunition?

DMK

So apparently Vista purchased the ammunition plant (plants?) in November and supposedly was hiring a some of the laid off employees back.

Has anyone heard anything about them being back in production? Will they still be making Remington brand ammo or other of Vista's products (Federal for instance)?

I'm wondering if we will see Golden Sabers, HTPs, Core Lokt, UMC, etc again.

Jack19

Good question, I'm interested too.

I suspect we will see those loads again, but, when is the question, and for how much?

Last edited:

Dfariswheel

According to people who've driven past the plant in Arkansas the employee lot is pretty full, and production is running.

An official of the buying company says that the Remington brand will be maintained as a separate brand name.

5whiskey

The more I think about, too much of the ammo supply line in America is under the Vista Outdoors roof. Federal and Remington are both under that umbrella (along with Speer, CCI, and Blazer), so it could very well be the Remington factory repurposed to make Federal in that video for all we know.

DMK

Having every major ammo mfg under one corporate umbrella isn't a good thing for us consumers.

It's kind of like General Motors. Mismanagement at the top could affect nearly all US ammo.