What's the deal with Novak sights?

bushidomosquito

The front sight is about to fall off my G23. Probably my fault for poking at it wondering how that little plastic stake could hold a sight on. 5 months later and the stake fell out so it's time to upgrade to some tritiums. A trip through the Midway catalog and ebay showed me that I can have anything from Ameriglo's for $65 to Novak's or some really slick looking Wilsons for exactly that twice that price. So what's the difference? Are they brighter or longer lasting or are you just paying for the name? There is obviously more machining involved in the Novak's and Wilson's but not enough to justify double the price. Anybody have some high $$$ night sights that they feel are well worth the money?

One more thing, are the sights with set screws designed to slide into the dovetail easier and use the screw to hold them in place or do they still need a $100 tool to install?

IdahoG36

If I decide to put night sights on any of my handguns, I buy Meprolights. I like them, they are very bright, and they are decently priced. I just installed a set on my new GLOCK 21SF. I paid $70 for them.

evan1293

I've installed tons of glock sights and never used the rear sight tool. A piece of hard wood, mallet, and a vice will work fine for removing / installing rear sights.

sholling

I have pistols with Trijicons and Mepro. Of the two I like the big and bright Trijicons a bit better. Both run ~$110. With Novak you are paying a bit for the name.

bushidomosquito

Hornett

Oh, signiture line. I was wondering where I mentioned Sig in that post. Yes, it's a good one, and one of the few that hasn't been stolen from Chuck Norris. Another favorite in reference to every chick he's been involved on the show; "Jack Bauer likes his women skinny. It easier to carry them when they're unconcious and easier to shoot terrorists out from behind them.":D