What's that buzzing.....?

Padawan

:D

News from SIGARMS said:
IT'S HERE! THE SIG SAUER® MOSQUITO® NOW SHIPPING TO DEALERS . . . A lucky few of you already know this but the new SIG SAUER® Mosquito® has begun shipping with the first batch hitting dealers earlier today. We told you it was coming and now it is here. Check with your favorite dealer to see if they received their shipment. If they haven't, encourage them to call SIGARMS® and contact our sales staff to join our SIGnificant Dealer Program. Through this program your dealer can buy firearms direct from SIGARMS - including the new Mosquito.

SO WHAT'S THE MOSQUITO® LIKE TO SHOOT? YOU ASK . . . This past weekend, we dispatched our team of highly trained covert operatives to capture us one of these elusive Mosquito pistols. Their mission was a success and we took possession at a local shooting range for some immediate testing. We can report to you now that the Mosquito is a blast to shoot and feels great in the hand just like a typical SIG SAUER pistol. The only problem we ran into was a serious lack of ammo. So don't make the mistake we made when you pick up your Mosquito - Buy Lots Of Ammo. Trust us, you'll need it.

Looks like the Mosquito has finally begun to ship. I called around my local shops, but none had any in stock yet, and they didn't even seem to know much about it. Has anyone here had the opportunity to handle and/or shoot one of these yet? I'm seriously considering purchasing one as soon as it's locally available, and I'd love to hear some feedback.

Last edited:

mill hunky

sig site

checked the sig. site. checked dealer locator and will check store coming back from the range in the morning. thanks. rich

topspin43

Mosquito Range Report

can be found at Sigforum.com.

I was initially excited but found that you can get more for le$$. (Price is $387)
Good looking pistol though.

Padawan

topspin43 said:
can be found at Sigforum.com.

I was initially excited but found that you can get more for le$$. (Price is $387)
Good looking pistol though.

I suppose it depends on what you're shopping for. For my needs/wants, the only other pistol in this category is the Walther P22, which I've found to be a little too small to fit my hand comfortably. From what I've read, this should be a little larger, so it might be perfect for me. There are quite a few other .22 LR autos that are priced equally or lower, or with more "target" features, but none with the "big gun" style and function (i.e., full slide, larger caliber semi-auto styling and ergonomics, etc.) that this piece will hopefully offer.