What's going on with Glocktalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vito

If its not forbidden to mention another gun related forum, I wonder if anyone has insight into why Glocktalk has been down for days. Its one of the several gun related forums I try to go to daily and was curious as to what was going on.

FoghornLeghorn

They went to an entirely new format/software. It's the same as Coltforum.com.

I don't really care for it, but I don't care for change.

A lot of GT members are barking about it.

Moonglum

The guy that started GlunkTalk sold it to that big Canadian conglomerate that's been buying gun forums a couple of years ago. They ran him off and have been changing it ever since.

ProjectCamaro

Doesn't appear to be owned by a Candian company. The bottom of the forum states:

"Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 3290 W. Big Beaver Rd. Suite 500, Troy, Michigan 48084 USA"

Moonglum

The owner did a flounce before he left and he said the Canadians who bought Defensive Carry bought him out. He said they were called vista something.

GlockTalk is owned by the same outfit that now own The Shooters Forum. They got upset with V-bulletin's cost and hired people to develop their own software. It is still in development and changes periodically.

Vito,

Clear your cache and cookies and turn off your script and ad blockers for the moment and go back and see if you can get back in. If not, try a different browser.

FoghornLeghorn

The owner did a flounce before he left and he said the Canadians who bought Defensive Carry bought him out. He said they were called vista something.

He sold GT to them with the understanding he would continue to run it. They apparently didn't understand it that way so he left. He wrote quite an opus/rant about it before he left but it's been taken down by now.

camsdaddy

That explains why glock talk is as unfriendly to the user as defensive carry. In a way I'm thankful for the changes. It will free up a lot of time that u was wasting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.