What would you do? Buy a 2nd p220??

Cowboyfromhell

So I already have a 2010 Sig p220 with a rail and frame made in Germany but slide and gun was assembled in u.s.
Yesterday I saw in my lgs a safe queen German made p220 still in original box with test targets,etc. Circa1985 with 2 mags $999! It had all the proof marks under nose of barrel. Im not an expert but Im thinking this is a good deal? It looks almost brand new no joke. What would you guys do?...I already own a p220. Do I buy this one if its a good deal mind you, and sell my 2010 railed u.s. model? Do I keep both? Do I forget about it?....I am currently trying to hunt down a ma complaint 229 but can't find any and I know if I scoop this German p220 up then I will find the 229 but just spent the cash......decisions, decisions.... Arrrgh!

shurshot

Buy both another 220 and the 229 when you locate one. I love my LEO trade in 220 .45. Prices will only go up in the future.

TunnelRat

To me it’s not worth $999. It may be worth that to some collector out there. I have owned a number of West German and German P series SIGs with proof marks and the original boxes. I didn’t pay that much, but supply might have dried up. If you want another pistol just to have a spare of the same model I understand as I do the same myself, but you should be able to find a shooter P220 for less than that. That said I am saying this as someone that is not a resident of MA. The market there may be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamarw

I have two. One was a Police Trade-In, the ST in the picture, from Scottsboro, Alabama. I paid $556.00 for it in Feb. 2012. I purchased the Nitron P220 NIB for $573.35 back in Aug. 2012. There is a significant weight difference between the stainless steel and the nitron.

Attachments

• Different Colors.jpg
    Different Colors.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 26

BarryLee

If my budget allowed and it was what I wanted I would buy it and keep the existing gun. Lots of people have several variations of the same basic gun. Example: Berretta 92s, 1911s, etc...

dgludwig

As much as I like the 220, I like the recently but inexplicably (other than I guess they weren't selling well, for whatever reason) discontinued Model 227 even better.