What would compare to an STI Ranger II 9mm?

I want a 9mm in a 4" barrel. I haven't found many options. The Ranger II by STI has caught my interest but I can't find one locally and everyone seems to be out of stock as far as shipping one in. I have read that they don't have the best finish. Is there anything out there that compares?
Does the Kimber Tactical Pro 9mm?

KyJim

First, while I don't own a STI Ranger II, I have seen and fondled them. The finish is done well. Now, the STI Spartan has a very utilitarian finish. STI also makes their Guradian which is a 9mm with a barrel length of 3.96 inches but with an officer's grip frame which cuts capacity a bit. http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/STI-39-Guardian-9x19-Stocked-Item-P989.aspx

Dan Wesson makes an aluminum framed 9mm with an Ed Brown bobtail cut which they also call the Guardian. I have this pistol and can heartily recommend it.

Also, for less money, look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact in 9mm. They are not in the same league as the Dan Wesson but Springfield makes a good gun and they they are several hundred dollars lower than DW.

No comment on Kimber.