What will you use for deer season this year??

hooligan1

Hey fellas, What firearm will you be using this deer season? It can be that new project-rifle or the "favored ole deerthrower", or ole betsy, or whatever?!!:D BTW, I really want to use my new Weatherby Vanguard, 7mm. Rem. Mag!!:D

Last edited:

publius

i used my .308 last year so I'm thinking about using my .338 this year. I like to use different guns year to year.

Rob96

My new Savage Model 11 in 308. If in a special reg zone it will be my Mossberg 835 with fully rifled barrel.

shortwave

Bow season:
Horton Legend crossbow(can't pull compound bow anymore enough to be confident with it, shoulder/back injury:rolleyes:)

Shotgun season:
BFR 475/480 Linebaugh

Black powder season:
T/C 50cal. Encore and T/C 50cal. Hawkins (usually use one for a couple days, then the other)

No Deer Rifle season in Ohio.

skydiver3346

Deer rifle this year?

Same as every year for the last 6 years. Blaser R93 with either the .270 or 6.5x55 barrel with a straight 6x42 Schmidt Bender scope. AWESOME! :)

BIGR

Muzzleloader Season: T/C Omega .50 CAL. loaded with 295 Grain Powerbelts and Blackhorn 209 powder

Rifle: Probably use the Remington 700 XCR in 7 MM Mag. or the Remington 700 XCR in 30.06, guess whatever mood hits me....:)

Hitthespot

S&W 629 with Magnaport-- 44mag with Leupold scope.

dscf3907d.jpg

Last edited:

Kreyzhorse

I plan on using my Ruger No. 1 in 45-70 Gov't this year. Last year was my Savage 7mm Rem Mag. I like to rotate guns every other year or so.

LSnSC

I used a marlin 336 in .35 Remington topped with a Leupold M8 fixed 4X yesterday evening to take this cull buck. He was 183 lbs, with a goofy rack. The load was a Speer 180 gr Flat point over H4895. I shot him at about 100yds and he went about 30 ydsand piled up.

Nesmith6pt09-11-10.jpg

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
Lyman Cougar .50 cal Blackpowder for muzzle loader season.

Legend HD Pro 175 crossbow for archery season.

M1 Garand in .308 for gun season.

Ruger super Blackhawk in 44 mag as back up gun.

Rifleman1776

Reluctantly will have to sit out muzzle loading season and leave my beautiful Jaeger .54 cal. flintlock in the safe because of a torn shoulder muscle. For modern gun season it will be my Winchester Ranger 30-06 with handloaded rounds using 150 grain Nosler ballistic tips or Nosler Partitions loaded to max in the event I encounter a bear.