What weight .45 do you carry?

GlocksRfun

When at the range, I'll use the 230g FMJ,.. When Shooting fun stuff, I'll bust out the 185 grain HP. I'm a big fan of faster bullets, a good 185g can almost hit the sound barrier, maybe even go beyond. I'm usually pretty cheap, so the 230 g'ers is what I usually shoot.

WESHOOT2

proof

While I have on my shelf 45 ACP bullets weighing: 152g, 165g, 185g, 200g, 225g, 230g, and 255g, I use-n-prefer 230g.
Because my 45's work most reliably using that weight.

tex45acp

I have tried 200gr., 185gr. and 230gr. and the 230's seem to shoot more accurately in my Champion. They all shoot well in my Wilson CQB & CQB Compact so I stick with what works.

Federal 230gr. HydraShoks

Thanks for the responses...I guess I gotta go with whatever shoots the best. I have yet to have any jams or other problems in the HK USP but I may shoot more accurately with one weight over another...

yorec

230 gr - I chose the .45 to be able to go with a heavier bullet. When I'm in a fast, light mood, I get out my .40 SW.

waterhouse

230 gr., no reason other than that's pretty much what I've always used and they feed reliably and they are accurate in my guns, so I've never seen much reason to switch.

shield20

I like 230s (GDs in my Commander, Fed HSTs in full-size full weight). Problem with 200gr is it is hard to find a standard pressure round - Speer no longer makes them. The 200gr. Hornady TAPs are really nice - but I worry the bullet is a little aged.

I would go the lighter route in shorter barrels to get the velocity back up.

maqueswell

230 grain winchester from wally world for the range. Federal personal protection 230 grain....for of course..personal protection.

azredhawk44

230 ball seems to work best in both my .45's. G21 and CD1911.

The glock does "okay" with 200RN and 200SWC, but something about it feels "off". Can't describe it.

I fed some corbon 165 JHP's thru it and they were spit back out very reliably. Never had a problem with any premium 230gr hollowpoint bullet, or even the Rainier 230gr plated HP's.