What Use For Marlin 410 Lever Shotgun?

Adventurer 2

I received a Cabela's flyer in the mail - and they have a Marlin 410 lever shotgun for sale at $500. I saw one of these about 4 years ago and my first thought was "What for?" I own a 12 guage that I use for everything from dove to turkey. My first shotgun experience decades ago was with a single shot 410 (of course back then you could waterfowl with lead). Part of me would like to get a 410 but I just don't know what use I would have for a 410 lever. The picture in the flyer shows regular rifle sights (not a bead). What would you use one for?

mikenbarb

I have the old Marlin Goose gun with a 34" barrel and its still a blast to take into the blind every now and then to see the look on everyones faces when I pull it out. And yep, It still dumps em like nothing at 50 yards. I think the lever shotty is more geared towards the cowboy type shooters to keep their actions the same so they dont have to change the way they shoot their guns. Once you get used to a lever gun, You can shoot as fast as a pump, Or faster. I think its a cool gun and gonna take a peek at one and see what their about. I think it might make a great tree rat and rabbit gun for the kids.(But you know who will use it;))

cohoskip

I grew up with a Marlin lever action .410. It was a great gun for a kid to hunt birds with.
A fellow asked me one time "Why are you hunting doves with a rifle?"
With the small barrel it does look like a rifle...

was it the Marlins or Winchesters or ??? :confused: that came out a few years ago... a lever 410... a 9410 or :confused:

... they were cool, but, IIRC had thier share of problems... if these Marlins are good, & they made one in stainless... I'd like to have one for yard varmints...