What to get on the 9th?

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Since dear old Kofi thinks I shouldn't have any guns at all, I must get a new one on the UN Burn A Gun day. Assuming, of course, that NICS isn't down.:rolleyes:

With that in mind, what would be most appropriate? A terrorist-beloved Glock? A manufactured-in-1941 Colt Gummint (yes, I know where I can get one, and no, I ain't tellin')? An HK-91?

In sum, what would really chap Kofi's arse if he knew about it?

chokeu2

I am with ya. I am going to buy one of the Taurus Milleniums. I love those little things. Ofcourse, I have been thinking about that new Walther in the military colors...

Choices choices...

Unkl Cofi can kiss my ass.

Tshoes

What to buy

Cionneach,
GOT to be a semi, .308, with several hicap 20 round mags............

This is the "Ultimate", for a slap in the kisser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Fatcat

Been wondering that myself. Came upon a $500 bonus last week, and though I should use it to pay auto insurance, that's not due till Jan. ;)

Still lacking a handgun of my own, perhaps a revolver of sorts? *thinks*

KelBench400

Monday I'm going to go buy myself a NIB Glock 19......unless of course something else catches my eye ;) But seriously I even scouted one out and made sure that they had a couple extra in the safe incase alot of people want one!

By the way Kofi got an award from the mayor of philly today (john street)......you should have seen me.......Ii was yelling and booing at the tv in my living room when I saw it. My girlfriend thought I was crazy.....but I really can't stand to see a b@stard like that get recognition. (but recognition from john street really isn't worth a pile of **** anyway).

Enough ranting,

Kel

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
I started early :( Bought a Remington 700 VS SF, Colt 1991A1, S&W 629-2 and Browning Hi Wall in the past week and half :(

Now I have no idea what to buy on the 9th!

FPrice

ArmySon...

Like you, I have been practising for the 9th. I just picked up a NICE HRA M-1 Garand, followed very shortly by a S&W Model 15. I now have a beautiful S&W Model 66 on layaway, all ready to be mine on the 9th. Unless I find a nice Model 29 or 629.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

croyance

AK or knock-off would seem to be appropriate.

Like others above, I couldn't wait. Already blew my budget.

K80Geoff

Hi Power

A local gun shop has two of those Israeli turn in Hi Powers for $319. that is not a bad price here in the PRNY. Comes with two hi caps and a holster.

Just the thing to buy, ex military hi cap wonder nine. Always liked the Hi Power.

Guns look like they are in fair condition, some wear on the grip but probably good for a project gun. (As if I don't have a bunch of projects going on now :D )

I'll probably be in NYC next weekend yelling at the UN:D

Geoff Ross

Brett Bellmore

Local gun show is this weekend, I'm heading over and checking out the merchandise. Right now I'm dithering between a Glock 36 and a Taurus PT 145, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

DeputyVaughn

budget woes

I'm afraid my budget isn't going to have room for a new piece at this time. I think I'll be able to get a box or two of ammo or some reloading supplies though, to show support for the cause. Maybe if I can talk the wife into in I'll put something on layaway.

Scott A. Vaughn

Hal

Count me as another victim of the budget wars :(. Rotten timing. I've been searching the bargin priced stuff pretty hard, and a couple of odd balls are running pretty high on the possible list.
NAA Mini in muzzle loader form. $156.00-Not bad.
Phoenix Arms HP-22. Around $100.00 bucks, give or take.-Not bad, and lots of good things have been posted about them.
Used bin at the local shops- Usually theres a few beatup .22's for under $100.00.

Dave R

Budget challenged folk, there are some really low-cost options. $39-$49 Turkish Mausers in 8mm (ammo is equally cheap). Ditto Mosin Nagants and other surplus long arms. $39 Romanian 1969 Trainers in .22lr. Makarovs and police trade-in .38 revolvers in the low $100's.

More fun than dinner and a movie with the SO?

FPrice

Dave R....

Why either/or? Why not take the SO out for a his-and-hers firearms buy, then get a nice dinner to celebrate the joint purchse?

Frosty
MOLON LABE

DeputyVaughn

Had to re-read that FPrice. Thought you were going to celebrate with a "Joint" purchase.

BTW, I took the wife out for a lunch today. I'm smoozing to spend a little of my overtime money to put a Beretta 96 on layaway. It may take me 6 months to pay it off but unless I see something more desirable I'll be trying for it. Got to get it past the wife though. I didn't like the look on her face when I came home from a gun show with a 1943 Inland M-1 Carbine slung over my shoulder. It was real quiet (and COLD) around my place for several days.

Scott A. Vaughn

hammer4nc

Just got off line frome brownells...ordered all the frame parts for the next project gun. With 2-day delivery, should receive on the 9th. Hope that counts (heh heh).

Kermit

Practice, yeah, that's it...last 2 weeks, I've gotten a USP Expert 45, dropped off my Colt to start project, bought a 586-1, and a Beretta 391 shotgun this morning. What to do...??? July 9th...great excuse to go shopping! :D

njoelhickson

Hiya Scary Bald Guy! I hope to get myself another AK/Mak. I really like the one I have.

What do you think about buying used as opposed to new? I am thinking about buying used firearms in private transactions only from now on. No sense advertising what I have to Oncle Sam.

BTW, you are missed.