What to get now???

kylen

Okay so my Dad has come into some money and is giving me money to buy me a firearm.

I have narrowed the choices to the list below, however any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sig Sauer P220 Platinum Elite .45 acp
Sig Sauer P226 Extreme 9mm
H&K HK45 .45 acp

9-ball

Get the P226, as it's the only 9mm on your list. Or consider a USP in 9mm :)
It's just like... my opinion man

Kylen:

Asking someone to pick a pistol for you is like asking someone to pick your wife.Their pick could be sexy and warm and a good companion. Or, on the other hand she might be cold and rude. You have listed some mighty fine firearms and you need to make a choice. You might start a thread asking the virtues of each of your selections.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery sergeant
Clifford L. Hughrd
USMC Retired

vyse.04

Sig Sauer P220 Platinum Elite .45 acp
Sig Sauer P226 Extreme 9mm
H&K HK45 .45 acp

Have you had a chance to hold or shoot any of the models listed? If so, I would go with which ever feels best to you. You have a few calibers listed, so you might want to determine which you prefer (9mm or .45) and work from there. After that, decide on if you like the polymer frame or an all steel design. Sigs and HKs are both quality firearms, but personally I prefer the Sigs to HKs (I've only fired HKs in compact though so take that FWIW).

Dobe

I have range experience with Sig 220s, and I own the HK45. I would like to have a 220, if it were of the E2 configuration as are the 226s and 229s. Yet, I wouldn't give up my HK45 for any handgun I have, well maybe my Ed Brown.

The HK45 is to me, the best modern designed .45 ACP semi auto. It has great ergonomics, very reliable, extremely accurate, and can be had in DA/SA or LEM.

Get R Done Guns

H&K is probably the best gun on your list. Very accurate but tend to have a large grip. We really should not be choosing your new gun though. There are factors that could play a part in your decision on all three guns.

What feels best?
What price works best?
Which do you shoot the best?

Those are just a couple questions only YOU can answer. Good luck with your choice.

TGReaper

No experience with two on your list,but I have a P 226 9mm. with the E2 grip and the SRT. I have found this to be a very satisfactory pistol, Very accurate and no malfunctions.
TGR

kylen

Thanks for the help everyone. I have shot the HK USP. Im sure it handles just like a HK45.... I may go that route... the p220 platinum elite...
Just too pretty to shoot... it would end up a safe queen probably.

I also like the look of the P226 Extreme. Plus 9mm is cheaper to shoot.

Decisions decisions.... I could fancy a nice Colt 1911 Stainless. Just not sure yet.

ET.

No experience with the guns on your list either, but I just bought a M&P 40 Pro Series with a 5" barrel & extended slide. I added a 357sig barrel & a 9mm conversion barrel plus 3 extra mags. The question I keep asking myself is... should I have taken all of that money and purchased a more expensive gun like a H&K or a Sig. When I figure it out I'll get the answer to you. Just don't hold your breath (so to speak) until you get the answer cause it could be a while...

Get R Done Guns

No. You made a great choice with the M&P. There is not a BETTER polymer gun. There are equals but once you trick out your smith it is as good as ANY!

lcpiper

If a guy is only going to buy one gun, he should buy one he can carry and protect himself and others with.

When he is able to own two, he should get another that's fun at the range and not too expensive to shoot.

His third should be special just for his home, that extra insurance that is always where you know it will be.

None of them should be special collectors pieces or anything he can't replace without crying about the expense.

If you own more then three pistols, buy whatever you want to because your buying for the love it and anything else you claim is an excuse, except your weakness and be a happier person :D

sgms

I realize this is not going to help much but the one you get should be the one you like the most. (Hint, it's probably the one you keep going back to and handling the most.)