What to do with gun junk acquired for projects that never got done.....I'll tell you.

cslinger

You gather it up and make a project out of something you already have.

I cleaned up my gun junk today and came across a bunch of stuff I was going to use for various projects that never came to fruition. Leupold Scope, Rings, AR mount, Harris Bi-Pod etc. Mmmm me thinks why don't I just slap this stuff on something I already have. Brilliant!!!! Beer in a bottle.

So I tacticooled my mild mannered .22 Long Rifle AR. Voila, from junk to tacticool. The gun is a Bushmaster lower with a dedicated DPMS .22 Long Rifle upper. The gun was a tack driver with irons so we will see what she can do with some glass.

114431-big.JPG

arkie2

You've got a Leupold scope laying around and you just "rediscovered" it?:eek:

Man, I wish I had that kind of gun junk!:D

Csspecs

Man if I bought a 200.00+ rifle scope it would be on the rifle before I got home (ok not quite), but you get the idea.

WIN71

Arkie2

No kidding. Last time I found a "lost" scope it was an ancient Simmons for a 22. Still had the $29.00 price tag on the box. I just put it back where I found it..........

Gewehr98

Hmmmm...

A Leupold from a junk drawer on a rimfire AR-15.

Needs a laser, phaser, and wind-speed indicator now. :cool:

All in perspective---not lost--but have 2 Leopolds---2 Zeiss'---2 Burris'---and a Meopta scope----currently---''laying around''

Forgot to count the Redfield and Simmons----plus 2 or 3 cheap red-dots.

cslinger

Hey now its a "cheap" Leupold. Just a VX1 2x7 Rimfire. Its not like I happened to find an Elcan Specter or something.

As to how she shot, she shot great. Sighted at 25 yards to get on the paper and moved out to 50 yards and had no problems keeping rounds inside of a shoot and see "dot" (those dots that are used to cover your hits on the target).

I liked it so much I might pony up the money for a nicer mount as the one I am using is really just one of those cheap 15 buck pot metal things.

Chris