What to do with ammo that you dont have a gun for

Toms_2003_Stang

Ive got some .38, .357, 9mm, .40 and .357Sig ammo from over my years of gun collecting and Im wondering how to get rid of it, any idea.

Doyle

Bulletin board of your local gun range. Either sell it out right or trade for something you do have.

OJ

One solution is way out front - IMO - buy the guns that ammo needs and shoot it up!!!

:rolleyes:

g.willikers

When you're in the mood for some range time, but don't want to get your guns dirty, go to a range that rents guns.
Rent something you don't have, or something you'd just like to try, and use up the ammo that way.

notascrename

We have a local org. that brings disabled vets together for a weekend of shooting once a year. they accept any ammo and round up the guns to shoot it. From .50 bmg to 22. last year they got 2000 7.92X57 from me and some vz-24s to go with it. Barbecue and beer after. Got a local VFW?.

jgcoastie

Find an NRA Instructor in your area and give it to them. Tell them you want to donate the ammo to them for the sole use of students in their shooting clinics.

Or you could buy guns that use the ammo...

EdInk

You just rattled off all of the popular SD calibers (except 45acp) and the most popular niche round.

If you don't own guns in at least two of those calibers, you seriously need to buy a couple new guns.

IMHO it's a good idea to have at least two different calibers for your handguns. It maybe easier to only need one caliber of ammo BUT if you can't find that one caliber youre stuck with nothing.

sakeneko

Heck, I'll take all of the .38 special/+P, .357 magnum, and 9 mm you've got. Just ship it to me in Nevada. ;)

Or you could sell it or give it away locally, at the gun club or via a bulletin board with local listings. OpenCarry.org has statewide discussion areas which might work. If you're in California (poor guy), I'm sure CalGuns could help. Or others here are bound to have other suggestions.

Webleymkv

Heh, I've got between 60 and 70 rounds of 7.35 Carcano ammo in a plastic bag in the back of my safe. I've never owned a rifle in that caliber (the ammo was super cheap and came packed on clips that would also work with my 6.5 Carcano).

shooter_john

Wow... That's a question I've never considered. On the contrary, I have used the excuse that since I had aquired X number pieces of brass of a particular chambering from the public range nearby, I should buy a rifle in that chambering just so that I could use them!

Archie

Buy guns for it, silly.

Once a friend gave me a set of loading dies in .22-250. What else could I do?

I bought a Remington 700VLS in .22-250. Fun rifle.

blume357

if it's just a mix... then selling on the internet is a problem

because of the cost of shipping the dern stuff.

Local trade sounds more reasonable to me... but finding a gun range that host a Vet or other shoot for folks and letting them have it is even better.