What to do with 50 empty percussion cap tins?

Hellgate

I'm about to toss/recycle around 50 empty metal cap tins (mostly Remington) but was wondering if there's anything useful to do with them? Or if anyone wants them? I also have a bunch (maybe 20) of plastic ones (mostly RWS but a few Dixie italian caps). :confused:

Hawg

That's a lot of char but you could keep patch grease etc in them too. Small screws just whatever.

Stormson

Lube and char...As everyone else said.

Lube seems to be the going concern, so Id remind ya that it can also be used as lip balm if ya live in the north or the desert...

Could use em for various ointments as well?

Could hold extra flints?

Medicines if youre getting on towards that age?

Hell... A THOUSAND uses that seem better then the trash man...

The very BEST way to recycle is to repurpose...

HiBC

If you have 50,make a few beeswax candles. Or re-cast candle lantern candles.

It would fit in a watch pocket.

I rigged fishline you could tie on a pole or handline.

A pull through.

If you put an Esbit or hexamine tab in one it might keep good. Probably get a fire started.Actually,pack the extraspace with bits of the tablets. An aspirin size piece may do the trick.On those days when the char cloth needs a bit of help!!

I have a few empty cci #11 tins myself.
When I'm deer hunting. Such tins always come in handy. a pill or two of Excedrin. A cotton ball with a drop or three of Buck scent applied so to sit and spy on for awhile.
"Whatever the purpose? If it fits it works."

Fingers McGee

Hellgate said:
What to do with 50 empty percussion cap tins?

Good question. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any good answer for more than a few of them. Had the same situation a few years ago & ended up just throwing about 120 of them in the recycle bin. That's where they go now along with empty powder bottles.

HiBC

People who fish can use little containers for split shot,swivels,bobber stops,etc.
If you know women who sew,I'm sure they might take a few.
Kids who do craft things.
Your local chain saw mechanic..carb parts.
Postage stamps. Size 2-56 nuts and screws.
Maybe Prussian Blue container.
Rosin. Beeswax.
Solder

noelf2

I always end up with a bunch of tins also. I have some old kiwi shoe polish tins that I move my caps into. Black for Rem 10 and brown for Rem 11. Much easier to open with that little twist lever on the side. I like the lip balm idea for the cap tins. I keep bees, and my wife uses the extra wax for stuff like lip balm. Remington lip balm...:D

drobs

Curious - how long did the 5000 caps last you?

I'm close to putting an order in a Midsouth Shooting Supply for 5000 Remington #10 caps.