• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

What the Hell????

longhair

what are y'all trying to do to me? i log on and everything's upside down. what gives? am I having a flashback or what?????

------------------
what me worry?

Ewok

Rich, did you notice that your announcement is valid "(August 08, 1999 through January 01, 1900)"? :D Is TFL Y2K ready?

Good eye, Ewok. I rechecked the settings...the system shows the kill date as 1/1/2000. The software reads it as 1/1/1900. Don't know whether this is a problem in the UBB Software or Spark's Server....

Oh, Spa-a-ark. Could you magically appear and respond to this?
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited August 09, 1999).]

Futo Inu

Rich, also, another idea:

Under conference center, among those topical areas themselves (Gen disc, legal/pol, etc.), if you put the General Discussion forum either second or last under this section, with Legal & Politcal first, I think you will get even fewer posts under General Discussion than before.

Jim V

Rich, I can not find any posting.link titled ANNOUNCEMENTS. Where do I look, Oh Great Leader?

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Announcements are found at the top left of all "main" forums screens. It'll be right under the TFL logo.

Rich, it's a Y2K complaince issue with the software. It got fixed in 5.38c or d I believe, but since 5.39 is due out this week, I'd wait to upgrade.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Jim V

SPARK: either I am blind or there is a major problem with what i am receiving. I have very carefully checked every screen for anything that says ANNOUNCEMENTS. I have looked above the logo, under the logo, to the right of the logo, behind the damned logo, at the bottom of the various pages and I have yet to find the ANNOUNCEMENTS link. This is a joke, right, there is no ANNOUNCEMENTS link, Rich and you say there is just to see how soon we all go nuts? LOL

NOW, After driving myself crazy, well at least a little loco, the dadgum "what's new" link appears. Still nothing that says ANNOUNCEMENTS on the main screens. :(
------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited August 09, 1999).]

Jim-
Enter any of the Forums.
Stop.
Look left for a Mail slot type icon and verbiage.
Click.
Read.

:) :)
Save the craziness for guys nite out...I do!
Rich