What the heck...

armoredman

...is this? OK, I know the BASE gun is a Glock 21, but what did they do to the poor thing?

StarWars_zps56332308.jpg

Skans

I've seen this contraption in a gun store - for the life of me, I just can't figure out what the heck it is for.

thedudeabides

It's a Sig TAC ACP.

It's a device made to convert a functional handgun into an unwieldy monstrosity.

...and perhaps an SBR if you're not careful about your accessories.

marine6680

Supposedly it comes with a sling that would let you get some extra stability by putting tension on it when you extent the pistol to shoot.

Not so sure it would be worth the added weight and the cost of the system... I can buy a decent pistol and some ammo for the cost.

I am not a fan of the civilian version.

The SBR available to police and those with the paperwork... might add a little stability and accuracy, but is it worth the time and effort over a pistol caliber carbine.

Skans

Sig doesn't usually go in for this kind of stuff. I wonder what or who convinced them to put their name on that thing.

B.O.F.H.

Somebody pass the baskets around. I'm not a Glock fan but would gladly chip in a few bucks to save that gun from the store that has it (note the price tag tucked under the grip). It is like watching a save the children commercial. Are there operators standing by? I've got $5 on it:D

SPEMack618

I am not one to disparage innovation in the gun world, but at what point does one say

"Hmm, I'm going to invest this money and do this to a pistol. Oh wait, perhaps I could by a pistol caliber carbine...or a lever gun."

Fishbed77

Sig doesn't usually go in for this kind of stuff. I wonder what or who convinced them to put their name on that thing.

The same guy who green-lit all the other silly stuff SIG does, such as their rainbow and diamond-plate finishes, which ruin otherwise nice pistols.

TunnelRat

I've seen the YouTube video introducing this. It's hilarious. Like many have mentioned, unless you're willing to go through the work to make it an SBR all you have now is a ridiculously heavy pistol with rails everywhere. Awesome.

armoredman

BOFH, it's sitting on the shelf at A Nice Pawn in Casa Grande, AZ, saw it was still there yesterday. IIRC, the price tag was north of $1K. They let me take the picture above a few weeks ago, on that towel on the counter. They couldn't tell me what it was good for, and I certainly can't figure it out! I don't like Glocks, either, but that "thing"...poor Glock.