What size scope rings?

Lavid2002

I know there are amillion and a half tools on the internet to find what scope rings you need. But I cant figure this out
Savage 10fv(Maybe 10FP will this make a difference?)
Scope:Super sniper 16x42-30mm tube
Rings:MK4
Base: Farrel-G
I might want to put a stock pad on this rifle. Will the pad mean I have to get higher rings? If so I dont want a stock pad I want the lowest rings possible for the (I'm going to butcher this word) "Sturdiest" base : D
Thanks fellas! I owe ya one.

fisherman66

I'd recommend purchasing the stock pad first and trying on different rings at the local firearms emporium to get the height correct (I'd guess Med should be about right). Some manufacturers have different measurements for the same "height". Warne for example is about 1/10" higher for QD rings in the same Med as many other manufacturers. I have heard good stuff about Burris Z rings, but I have not tried them.

Lavid2002

So thats a medium?
hahaha just kiddding
Ill go to the local gun shop and try some, but I doubt my local gun shop carries MK 4 rings, and on top of that I doubt they would be willing to let me open the package, bring in MY rifle, set them on the rifle, just to see the size just to order online.
Would it be THAT bad to order medium, and have to order high rings and return em?

davlandrum

If you look at rings on Midway's sight, once you get to the actual item page, there is a click-on button that lists technical specs. It will tell you the height from the base to the bottom of the scope.

I thought there was also a table that shows objective size and ring height required, but could not find it with a quick search. Might be worth doing some poking around.