What sights for old eyes on a Redhawk

AL45

I've got a 7.5 inch Redhawk in .45 Colt. It has the factory square notch rear sight and ramp front sight with red insert. I can see the sight picture , but it is getting tougher and I barely see the red insert except in good sunlight. Aside from a red dot or scope, what are some recommendations. I have considered fiber optics, but am skeptical of their durability. Any thoughts?

Bayou

I've got a 1974 vintage RH in 357 with a 7.5" tube. I installed a FO front sight. It really pops. No issues with durability thus far...

T. O'Heir

To do what?
I'd be inclined to lose the insert and go with a plain, black, front sight, blade. And make sure my specs are up to date. It's mostly about contrast between the blade and the target. Assuming that's paper. Maybe one of the Tritium Front, White Stripe Rear sets from XS Sights.
However, nothing beats a scope for seeing the target better. That being their purpose and all.

BBarn

As suggested, a fiber optic front sight is easier to pick up with aging eyes. But in my case they don't really do a good enough job for accurate shooting beyond about 15 yds.

I often wear low power reading type glasses for handgun shooting. With them I can get a decent focus on the front sight (required for good accuracy), while the target is somewhat more blurry but still visible. But I suppose it depends on one's eyes.