What sight?

furyfour

I like the trueglow stick on fiberoptic sights, they're around $10-15

I had one on my winchester 1300 and my remmy 870.

ISC

It might be a good idea to actually try one out before you buy it, I always found scope and sights beyond beads or a simple notch and blad to be useless on shotguns. I might change my mind if I had a rifled slug barrel.

jgacad

Re: Sights for Mossberg 500

FuryFour: The Mossberg 500 I own [model 50577] has a bead front sight and is drilled/tapped for a rear sight. Do I need
a gunsmith to install the trueglow sights you recommended?

oneounceload

if you're using it for birds, clays and HD, not turkeys, I would leave it alone...for dynamic targets, you need to be looking at the target, not the sights...

Doyle

If your bead is the metal type, I would tell you to paint it a flourescent color of your choice and leave it alone. Let me tell you why. I've got a Mossberg 835 which comes with a plastic front sight. Mine didn't last very long before it broke off. Doing some research, I found that this is a VERY common thing. So much so that I'd gladly screw in a brass bead if I had one.

furyfour

FuryFour: The Mossberg 500 I own [model 50577] has a bead front sight and is drilled/tapped for a rear sight. Do I need
a gunsmith to install the trueglow sights you recommended?

sorry, just saw this.

No, the truglow sights I mention just snap on. On my win 1300 it snapped onto the barrel and on my 870 (ribbed) it snapped onto the rib and used a magnet to stay in place. Both are very sturdy and will not move on their own

T.A.Sharps

I tried some truglo peep hole sights for my Browning 12, even had a gunsmith put it on to make sure it was ok.

Damn thing popped right off the vent rib with the recoil while I was hunting.