• Nikon Monarch 2-8x32

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 - Covered Style Turrets

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other - Keep in mind this magnfication range and objective lense size

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Demaiter

Regardless of price. I'm looking at getting a scope in this size range. I'm kind of partial to Leupold but depending on the poll results may change. Price is a consideration for me of course, but for you voters, please choose regardless of price.

Demaiter

Why smaller lense size? Because I don't like the big and bulky scopes.

Scopes of this size, for the hunting I do 0-200 yards have plenty of magnification for far shots, yet have a nice like 1.5 or 2 or 2.5 power setting for the close shots.

Also I find I get better check weld and scope/eye alignment when I can mount the scope lower to the barrel.

CarterMccoy

My Zeiss

I just got a Zeiss. I have never owned one. I cant say enough.
www.cameraland.com has several conquest models left, and some Victory models - with the integrated range finder.
Worth a look when you consider what "Nightforce" has, and how long they have been around compared to Carl Zeiss....
Doc.

swcr

I agree I think the 36mm objective is plenty big enough and really like how low it allows the scope to be mounted.
Eugene

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If I were buying a scope today and price were not a consideration then I'd order one from USOptics and get EXACTLY what I wanted.

Kreyzhorse

If I wasn't paying for it, I'd go Swarovski. If I was paying for it, I'd go Nikon Monarch.

In fact, my last scope purchase, I had planned on buying either a Leupold or a Zeiss but walked away with the Monarch. Compare them side by side, and you'll see that the Monarch compares pretty well within the same price point scopes.