What rifles should I add to my collection?

MagicMan

My arsenal currenly includes:

Remington 700 30-06
AR-15
Beretta CX4 Storm (Picking up this week. SHould have never sold mine)
Remington 597
Ruger 10/22
Mosin-Nagant 91/30

I will add a Saiga .308 & GSG-5 to it & possibly an SKS if I can find something in post-ban form. I' also like an AR-10 or FAL, but they are too pricey right now.

I don't feel the need to add another .223 or 30-06 right now.

Let the suggestions fly!

jdc1244

What’s your price range?

An AK-type rifle in 7.62x39 is a classic must own, imo. A quality .22LR bolt action such as a CZ 452/3 with a good scope is an excellent and inexpensive way to spend some time at the target range. A K31 would be a good milsurp addition, accurate and well designed. A Russian SKS would be good addition as well.

jammin1237

hmmmm.....seems you already have bolt, semi autos, small to medium calibers covered...no lever action yet, bigger bore? marlin 45-70... 458 win?

COYOTE JLR

I agree with Jammin. Something like a Marlin 45-70 would (IMO) be a good addition. How about a small caliber bolt action? .17 HMR or Remington or a .22-250 or .243?

buymore

US M1 Garand or US M1 Carbine before the CMP runs out! If you live near either the North Store or the CMP South Store, you can go pick out a nice one. If you order, they posted at least 100 days on back orders right now for firearms! They got bombarded the day after the election. Wonder why???? You can get a "Service Grade" Inland carbine for around $520 shipped, You can get a field grade Garand for a little more! Google ODCMP and look at their requirements. You may already be eligible! Best deal around! Beats the heck out of the inflated prices on the auctions.

Firepower!

add these:
Kalashnikov
Krinkov
Styer AUG
L85A1
Sig552C
Dargunov
Ruger M77 in 7mag
Mauser in 9.3x62
Bushmaster M17S
Franchi SPAS12

Big Bill

Do you have any .22 rifles? If not you should add a couple, at least, and a .22 handgun. I'd also add a good leaver gun in .30-30 or ? .

Bigfatts

You need something on a Mauser based action. Whether you go K98 or a sporter you would be making a good choice. I also agree you need something with a little more punch. How about a CZ in .375 H&H or 9.3x62? Great gun that will take anything and still be suitable for hunting deer and such. If you don't want a thumper I would suggest a CZ in 6.5x55, maybe a full stocked model.

You also need a quality single shot. Just my opinions.

ksstargazer

If you like accuracy, for under $300 you should be able to find either a Swiss K31 or a Swedish M96. Both are excellent shooters and match grade ammo for each is around 60-70 cents per round.

Have never tried a Saiga .308, but plinked a few rounds with an authentic German G-3, twice. If you can afford a good bit of ammo, maybe one of the better CETMEs, if not a Saiga?

For price and value, an SKS (Norinco) which has no cumbersome grenade launcher (balance/weight), unless you have access to functional grenades.
But for about an extra $100, a Russian, which has milled parts, instead of stamped and they also have the best wood.

1goodshot asked about a really good supply of Ammo for your guns.
That is probably the best idea, but you might have already taken care of this.

Last edited: