What other stock is compatible with Remington Model 5 .22LR?

tpcollins

I have a Remington Model 5 .22LR and Id like to find a stock that would fit - or I could modify to fit - and then trim down for a shorter length of pull for my grandkids to shoot. I've already called Remington and they just pointed me to Boyds Gunstocks and they were of no help either.

I'm under the impression it's the same rifle as the Charles Daly Superior II .22LR. If someone knows of a stock that is close would be great, thanks.

PetahW

AFAIK, no aftermarket gunstock company's been willing to invest in a tool up for a replacement wood stock for an arcane/low-production firearm.

The Remington Model 5 = the Zavasta MP-22R.

If you want a 2nd stock, a buy from the Remington Parts Dept seems indicated, unless you have contacts in Serbia.

tpcollins

You're probably right but it does have a rather nice laminated stock, and they were $100 off one day when I was at Cabelas so it's good enough to plink with. If the stock was a piece of crap I'd slice off 3" or so and glue it back on when they get older.

I was just hoping there was something I could gnaw up and make work. Thanks anyway.

big al hunter

A custom stock may be more expensive than the gun. Or get a Boyds finished, uninlet stock. Then you can attempt to chisel out the inlet to match the old stock. Or search your area for a woodworking or cabinet shop that has a copying router. They will be able to closely match the existing stock inlet. Minor fitting, and you have a new stock.

Here is a link to the stock http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=1232