What optics setup for this 10/22?

riffraff

Awhile ago I came by and ask a bunch of questions on setting up a 22 semi w/ a folding stock versus buying an AR lookalike. Decided my best bet (after your outstanding feedback) was to pickout a simple 10/22 and make the changes I wanted - which at the time was really a folding stock.

I got sidetracked in life, never bought anything, and now I'm back interested in making this purchase again and decided I really wanted to buy something that had a threaded barrel for (or with) a flash suppressor - not for any practical reason but because I like that.

So I had my mind set on the hell-with-it, was going to just spend the $$ and buy an SR22 today but when I put my hands on it I was surprised to find the thing felt very goofy because of the weight/balance, so that idea is off the table; I just don't like the gun after they did what they did to it. I'm back to 2 options - some other brand (like maybe the S&M 15-22) or make a 10/22 like I want. I stumbled upon this pictured version of the 10/22 that comes w/ the right barrel but no optics for $300/new on the shelf, which I think just may be a good place to start for a similar but lighter 10/22.

What I'd really like (after looking at the SR22 & other similar rifles) are folding optics like you find on an AR style where I can use them or fold them down and just typically use a red dot sight (but leave them mounted on there just in case)... And on the pictured 10/22 model I was also thinking an ATI folding stock as pictured or something like it - but not sure if this ATI stock has a mount on the forward part.

What might decent options be for those sort of folding sights that would fit on this rifle & an aftermarket folding stock? and what cost ballpark for what you recommend? And then what red dot might you recommend for the whole package?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Attachments

• ATI.png
    ATI.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 1261.jpg
    1261.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 58

Fishbed77

Rather than dressing up a 10/22, why not just get an AR-15 in .22LR?

I slapped a CMMG .22LR upper on a PSA lower I assembled, and it's one of the most fun rifles I own.

Old Bill Dibble

Your rifle does not appear to a have a front sight. This makes iron sights much less useful.

If you got the stock pictured you are going to have a tougher time finding some decent sights to use. If you got the ATI Stock model that has the rail all across the top then just about any folding sights will work.

How much money you want to spend is how much you want to spend. Most people get Magpul Poly BUIS and call it good. There are dozens of different ones out there. I prefer offset sights in the M16-A2 pattern made out of steel. These run about $20-25 and are very reliable. This will only work if you have a rail all the way across the top.

Targa

X2 with Fishbed. As for the sights, I did what Old Dribble mentioned and picked up polymer Mbus sights and called it good.

bedlamite

I never understood the silly, ungainly, plastic stocks for the 10/22. Fishbed is right, get a MP22 or AR15 conversion instead. If you want a folding stock on a 10/22 the best option is one of the old Butler Creek folders. I had one years ago and sold it during the 94-04 AW ban.

Old Bill Dibble

I never understood the silly, ungainly, plastic stocks for the 10/22.

I have a large silly stock on one of my 10/22s. I put an NVG scop and a bipod on it with a suppressor. The big stock makes it less top heavy and keeps it from moving around due to to recoil.