What model Taurus is this?

coop2564

I bought this very nice shooting Taurus 3" 38spl, gun has a wonderful trigger and shoots great groups. But I cant find any data on it. Their serial number search says not found. And I cant find a picture of any gun that looks exactly like it. See many that look like it but they don't have the long ramped front sight like this one. Its a small frame fits nicely in my Jframe holsters. Any one know anything about it? It doesnt have a model on gun just says 38spl.
C21A275A_zps3c0df9ec.jpg

lee n. field

6 shot or 5 shot? I'm wondering if it's a 3" Model 85.

Anyway, the model number is stamped on the frame, inside the crane. The serial number search is not reliable.

9mm

Very nice finish, like the S&W 617 finish. Why dont they make it like that anymore? Taurus finish now is cheaply.

lee n. field

Very nice finish, like the S&W 617 finish. Why dont they make it like that anymore? Taurus finish now is cheaply.

I wonder if that one is nickel plated. If that's a Model 85, it's definitely an older one. Every one I've ever seen has had a shrouded ejection rod.

Chowder

Taurus has a bad rap these days and I think the new ones are ugly as sin. But my first revolver was a 1991 production model 66 .357 6" barrel. The trigger wasn't as nice as a smith and the bluing wasn't colt python polished but I regret selling it to this day. Great shooter and started my love of firearms.

I am sure you will enjoy your model 85 :).