What Makes for A Great Range Day?

Mr.RevolverGuy

When the first shot is dead center in a new rifle and you can do it quietly with a suppressor.

http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=4398

Great pics --- Rifle, US Optics Glass, Suppressor

Stop by and leave a comment and let us know what makes a great range day for you.

DSCN0426.jpg

Stop by and leave a comment and let us know what makes a great range day for you.
Nobody else around early in the AM and no wind whatsoever. Now that's what I call a Great day at the benchrest. Just one more enhancement is occasionally seen with me for an even better time. When I have the ATV trailered behind the P/U. Get'ta ride too and fro to those 200 yard steels with a can can of spray paint to cover up those perfectly centered bullet marks or the paper target way, way out there with its bullseye center punched full of holes. Now that's what I call a "Cats Meow of a Day at the Range." As far as weaponry along for the outing. They are what they are. And they all are quite accurate. Don't own a suppressed anything. "I like to hear a BIG BANG!! when pulling on those Timneys of mine." But sadly, I seldom see those days anymore. Well sir.~~~ my targeting has slipped some over the years. But no matter. I still have a good time just being there. :)

hooligan1

My favorite day at the range has to be when testing new bullet, and the shots can be easily covered with a dime.....first time out...

Pahoo

It' all good !!!

Whenever I meet or exceed my expectations for that activity.
Most of the time, I'm out there to resolve a problem. I do my "smithing" and tinkering at home and confirmations at the range. Anytime I spend teaching Hunter Safety, is a great day. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Picher

A great range day is when you bring everything you need and things shoot reasonably well. Finding that I left my ammo home isn't a good range day, unless my wife brings it to me (happened this week).

Also:

Taking my grandson to the indoor range today and teaching him how to shoot offhand better.

Shooting some scary-great groups with a new rifle and loads. Unexpected, but wonderful whenever it happens.

Having people come up to you and complementing you on a great-looking andor shooting rifle.

Being with good buddies at the range and talking/shooting guns.

Pahoo

Some better than others. ..

"Any day is a great day at the range."
Well, then lets just say that there are some better than others. ..... :rolleyes:

I recall one time that I took a group of Boy-Scouts to the range so they could earn their merit badge. We were having a great time and almost done when two guys got out of a van and started throwing beer cans up in the air and shooting them with .22 rifles. I asked the Scouts to take note and we were out of there. On leaving, one of my Scouts just shook his head and wish he hadn't that!! ... :eek:

Keep it fun and;
Be Safe !!!

Picher

A good January range day is one when the temp is at least 50* and there's no wind or mirage. That doesn't happen often in Maine.

Bella

When you meet someone at the range with some rare/oddball firearm or caliber and they let you try it.

JWT

Any day at the range is a good day. Especially nice if you're trying out your latest acquisition.

garryc

Last January -5 degrees wind chill -15. We have a covered firing point with solid walls on three sides, the back is facing north west which is where our winds come from in the winter. Snow was 2-1/2 feet deep.

My buddy brought a forced air propane heater (we used to call them torpedo heaters) Didn't even need gloves. of course when you went down range to set up targets you set up a bunch.

ATPBULLETS

A day like this... :)

First time with my dad's old 243 Remington 788... just got it refinished(the stock) and put a scope on it and took it to the creek bottom for some load development.... this was one of 2 loads I had worked up for the rifle.
5 shots covered by a dime @100yds. My dad could not believe that his old gun would group like that.

20150105_155415_zps03ad2b62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dragonflydf

For me it is a trip to the range when I get a chance to introduce someone to the pleasures of shooting historic arms. I enjoy seeing the look on someones face after they shoot a Trapdoor, a Krag, a Broom handle Mauser or any gun they may have only seen photos of or in a museum.