What mag pouch for concealed carry?

MagicMan

Curious to hear what mag pouches you concealed carry guys are using to carry an extra mag.

I'm looking for something inexpensive that is not going to be uncomfortable.

45Gunner

I prefer an open pouch. If I'm ever in a situation where I need that pouch, I can't be fumbling for a snap. Amazes me how many people carry an extra mag and don't put it in the mag pouch the proper way.

ATW525

I usually either a Desantis Mag Packer in the pocket or a Desantis ankle double magazine carrier (like an ankle holster, but carries two magazines instead of a gun). My experience with belt mounted magazine pouches has been less than stellar... it seems most holster manufacturers make magazine pouches as an afterthought without putting thought into the design.

tex45acp

I wish I could tell you the brand of mine. but I picked it up off a table at one of the gunshows I frequent. It is very comfortable and easily carries two 1911 magazines. Another thing is it's tuckable. I can easily tuck my shirt tail down between the clip and holster.

WPSAMagwell002.jpg

45Gunner

Almost every holster maker produces a mag pouch. I have several Galco's and a few Don Humes. I have a single mag pouch for my H & K USP Compact .40 LEM and I usually carry a double mag pouch when I carry a 1911. I've been known to utilize the dual mag pouch supplied by Springfield when one buys a MilSpec 1911. Each shoulder rig I have comes with a double mag holder. Put Magazine Pouch in your search engine and you will find enough to read of 3 1/2 days.

DasFriek

Ive yet to find a mag pouch for IWB i could afford,and it still looks uncomfy.
Now im doing OWB and can wear jackets thats to winter coming,i use an eye glass style pouch with a clip and i clip it inside my vest pocket of the jacket.

I do add a piece of lite plastic cut in the exact size of the pocket and insert it so it can help hold the jackets shape and not make it droop.

When summer rolls around again im not so sure what ill do,belly band mabey?

Edward429451

I had a biker who works with leather make me a couple. 6 bucks a pop for the friend price. Sewed a leather tab on it with some velcro to work with my Ted Blocker LFI 1 rig.

I have used various multi tool pouches that will fit a mag for the plain sight hide on occasion.

Edward429451

Galco dual mag pouch can sit vertical or horizontally. I have two of them but rarely use them because They are just a bit much to have on the batman belt. As little trouble as I cause, I can get by with one extra mag.;)

The Galco dual mag pouch is tension screw adjustable and open top.