What Kind Of AR308 BCG Do You Use

44caliberkid

Just wondering what everyone else is using. What do you think of dual extractors? Since it is kind of a heavy piece, are there significant weight savings of a particular brand. Anything else you like or dislike? Just looking to start a conversation.
I have two, one black finished and one nickel boron, single extractor. Neither is branded, but might be Toolcraft. Both do what they're supposed to.

stagpanther

Do you mean dual ejectors? I have one that I've tried on several different 308 builds and my opinion is most 308 bolt ejectors come slightly over-powered to begin with (even singles)--so the dual takes it a step further. Might help with ejection problems on some guns with timing issues--but I've also seen it create problems on a gun that otherwise works fine with a regular single ejector bolt.

44caliberkid

Yes, dual ejectors. I thought I remembered seeing one with dual extractor claws, but I must be mistaken. Found a pretty good comparison article on 308ar website.

bfoosh006

In my PSA .308's and 6.5CM's ... I am using OEM PSA's , ToolCraft, AIM, and another brand that alludes me at the moment.

I have both the dual ejector and single ejector PSA's... I agree with Stagpanther.. I, also personally see no need for an additional ejector in a well timed firearm.

All my single ejector BCG's have worked as needed, every time. I do believe in slowing down the cyclic speed of my .308AR's... even milliseconds make everything work better for all mine.

I prefer an Adg. GB and a heavier buffer and recoil spring rate... and it has worked very well for me every time... ( 9 so far ) .

Back to the BCG question... My PSA's are all DPMS pattern, and all the various BCG's have worked perfectly.

On a side note... while some have needed a smaller diameter FP and FP hole in the bolt face.. all my first BCG's were the larger diameter FP, and with the slowed , by milli-seconds cyclic speed, I have never needed a smaller diameter FP.

That said... the newest 6.5CM dual ejector BCG's all come with a smaller then normal FP and FP hole.

Skans

This is what I use in my go-to .308:

iu

It's not an AR, however......sort of not......uses AR magazines and fire control group.....well, modified fire control group.